PDA

View Full Version : Ras Al Khaimah vacancy

FoxtrotUniform
8th Aug 2012, 08:14
GAL (http://www.gal.ae/ViewJob.aspx?jobId=1382)

Anyone of members working there? I'd like to get some info about salary, other terms and working conditions, and generally about life there in sandpit. I found some not so positive info from 2008, what is situation today?

thank you very much

LoserGill
8th Aug 2012, 20:44
How did you figure out the location?
Sucks for me, although I have tons of Tower experience as well as some enroute, I have none in Approach.
Why is it required to have Approach experience?

FoxtrotUniform
8th Aug 2012, 21:37
Open the link, here is part of the job description

• The provision of aerodrome and approach control services (procedural and radar as appropriate), flight information services and alerting services to aircraft operating in Ras Al Khaimah controlled airspace.
• Maintain a thorough operational knowledge and understanding of the equipment and systems used for the provision of air traffic services in Ras Al Khaimah controlled airspace.

RAK is mentioned throughout the text

I meet all the needed and desirable requirements and might be interested. Just need to get some honest and up to date information about working and living there.

LoserGill
8th Aug 2012, 21:49
Yes, I see...
I had only looked at the Flightglobal (http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401346828/air-traffic-control-officers-middle-east-/) information and assumed that once I saw GAL on your post. Silly me..

Gulfstreamaviator
2nd Sep 2012, 02:48
Will you join the RAK RATS.

If now why not, if yes, why.?????

Glf

left290
24th Sep 2012, 04:44
Are the Serco guys transferring across? Or how many controllers will GAL be employing?

left290
25th Sep 2012, 05:08
Thanks PT, I've applied though GAL - just waiting to here from them

Heatedfuelreturn
25th Sep 2012, 08:20
Very friendly crew, well managed operation (internally), and professional too.

They have dug me out of at least one deep hole.....

HFR

FWA NATCA
27th Sep 2012, 19:19
I've been trying to get hired by GAL or SERCO AE for the past 5 years, I'm eminitely qualified tower and radar/non-radar approach but each time I've gone through the interview process I'm told, "you're over 50, or over qualified, my response is I'm dependable, highly qualified, and willing to stay long term.

Needless to say I never have received an offer.

Sir George Cayley
27th Sep 2012, 20:53
FW NATCA, sadly you and me will have a hollow last laff when our offsprings' offsprings realise none of them can change a circuit board let alone a dilithium crystal powerpack.

Thing go in cycles, so your day will come. Hopefully before your day of judgement:eek:

SGC