PDA

View Full Version : Whistlerair

megle2
8th Aug 2012, 07:44
I am thinking of traveling with WhistlerAir when I visit Canada in a couple of months time
Will be very different to fly as a VFR passenger
Should I drive instead

jeff748
8th Aug 2012, 17:32
Both great experiences, but you can take the Sea to Sky anytime. If the weather is great, fly. Earlier in the day the better.

canuck slf
8th Aug 2012, 18:59
On a clear day it wil be a beautiful trip. If you leave from downtown you will see the float plane activity in the harbour and the route heads due north, over my house, straight over the mountains. You could also take the bus on the other direction, south bound is best as you will be on the "water side" of the road, which will allow you to see both road and air. The bus also allows you to enjoy the view without concentrating on driving on the "wrong" side of the road.
I worked on the upgrade to the Sea to Sky road and the most scenic sections are south of Squamish.
Most things in Whistler do not require a car for access.
Either way enjoy and I hope you get good weather.

goates
11th Aug 2012, 19:00
Was just on Whistler Air this past weekend. We flew both ways and loved it (well, I did at least!). In my opinion it beats driving or taking the bus. The train sounds pretty good, but the timing didn't work for us. On the way up we flew a more direct route over the mountains and had amazing views as the weather was perfect. On the way back we followed the highway and didn't get very high as it was overcast. Still had some nice views though. There were a few more bumps due to the winds blowing up the valleys. The pilots let one person sit in the co-pilot's seat up front too so make sure to ask them if you are interested.

If you are planning the flight for a couple months from now, I would recommend leaving yourself enough time to take the bus, or other alternative, just in case. Fall is starting soon, and the weather will be getting more unpredictable.

megle2
16th Aug 2012, 08:47
Thanks for the comments
Have booked the bus up and the Whistler flight back

ChrisVJ
9th Sep 2012, 03:35
Whistler Air is now part of Harbour Air, though it is retaining the name for the time being.