PDA

View Full Version : Minimum altitude over populated areas in Hungary?

Mark in CA
2nd Aug 2012, 05:23
Can anyone tell me if there is a restriction concerning minimum altitude over populated areas for GA aircraft in Hungary, and what that number might be?

It's been a long time since I flew GA in the U.S., but I know there is this kind of restriction there, and it was at least 2000 feet, as I recall. I am now in Hungary, and have been surprised several times recently by aircraft flying as low as perhaps 200 feet over the village where I am living. The nearest airport is in Dunakeszi, which is perhaps 5 miles away, and so these low flights have nothing to do with approach.

patowalker
2nd Aug 2012, 13:02
From ENR 1.2

2.5. Except take-off and landing, aerial work and state aircraft special task operations, VFR flights shall not be flown:

over the congested areas of cities, towns or settlements or over an open-air assembly of persons at a height less than 1000 ft (300 m) above the highest obstacle within a radius of 600 m from the aircraft;
elsewhere than as specified in 5 a), at a height less than 500 ft (150 m) above the ground or water; except flights with special clearances, balloon and hang glider flights

Mark in CA
6th Aug 2012, 11:18
Thank you, patowalker. I have found the local Hungarian version here:

eAIS Package for HungaroControl (http://ais.hungarocontrol.hu/eaip_hungary_2010-07-29/)