PDA

View Full Version : CHARLIE DUKE Apollo 16 LMP UK visit 20th October 2012

crash
1st Aug 2012, 12:39
Hello to one and all,

I am pleased to announce that Charlie Duke will be visiting the UK in October. He is an amazing individual and will give you an evening that you will not forget. Please bring along any children so that they can meet one of the true heroes of our time and fully understand what was involved in getting to the Moon.

The date, time and venue are:-

20th October 2012

6.00 pm

Carleton Community High School,
Pontefract, Yorkshire, UK

Tickets will be £30 for the evening lecture with the opportunity to have your photograph taken with him at extra cost. Duke has kindly agreed to provide one signature for free on th evening.

Cheques can be sent to the organiser, Ken Willoughby, and a full refund policy applies in the event of a cancellation. Ken brings these individuals over to the UK so that they can meet and speak to the local schoolchildren, the public lecture is just a bonus and is operated as a not-for-profit event.

This website will supply all details of the event and how to obtain tickets:-

CHARLIE DUKE APOLLO 16 LMP (http://www.space-lectures.com/tickets_4.html)

I strongly advise that if you are planning to attend you send your cheque ASAP as once again it is dependent on advance ticket sales.
Understandably, Ken is not prepared to stump up the large fee without the backing of the sales. It is recognised that an easier method of payment would help things but at this moment in time it is not an option: cheque it has to be.

I humbly ask that those who supported the sadly postponed Schmitt event to please carry that support to Duke, and for those who are undecided to take this opportunity while you still can.

Many thanks and see you there,

Paul

crash
4th Sep 2012, 08:39
Just to let everyone know that tickets are still available to this great visit.
Come along and meet a great figure in space history. Children are most welcome, in fact they are the reason for the visit, and everyone, young and old, will get a great deal from meeting and listening to Duke.

Thanks
Paul

crash
21st Sep 2012, 09:39
Apollo 16 is Go for launch!!!
Phew, I was holding my breath over the last few days as the pennies were counted to see if the organiser had enough.
Charlie Duke WILL be attending the talk and I would like to thank all those that have supported this visit. The success will be good news for what is in the pipeline for next year.

Tickets are still available for what will be a very special evening.

Cheers

Paul

crash
10th Oct 2012, 08:29
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Just a reminder that this event is getting closer, and closer. For anyone still thinking about going it is expected that tickets will be all gone by the end of the week. The increase in interest was expected once the event was confirmed. So if you want to go.....be quick.

Paul