PDA

View Full Version : Headsets CVR

PPL fly boy
28th Jul 2012, 13:34
Hi Guys,

I'm in the market for a new head set and was wondering if any of today's headsets have a facility that you could plug into a iphone and record the cockpit conversation ??

In the excitement of my lessons I hear pearls of wisdom from the Instructor but can never seem to recall them on the ground !!:}

Flyboy

Genghis the Engineer
28th Jul 2012, 20:39
This should do the job.

(MG-78i) iPhone/Smartphone Digital Audio Recorder Adapter - G.A. Headsets - Marv Golden Pilot Supplies (http://www.marvgolden.com/mg-78i-iphone-smartphone-digital-audio-recorder-adapter-g-a-headsets.html)

I've not bought that cable, but have bought other oddments from the same company -quality and service are both good.

G

piperarcher
28th Jul 2012, 21:32
In the excitement of my lessons I hear pearls of wisdom from the Instructor but can never seem to recall them on the ground

Your instructor could / should make some notes during your flight and give you some pointers in the de-brief. Not saying you shouldnt try and record any pearls of wisdom, but you should be getting this assistance also from your instruction.

Jan Olieslagers
29th Jul 2012, 04:18
I should expect such a facility from the intercom, rather than from the headset.
Actually, my intercom has such an output.