PDA

View Full Version : Tail wheel and Aeros Ottawa

Solar
26th Jul 2012, 05:38
HI Prunes
I am intending on being in Ottawa for a couple of weeks shortly and was looking for some tail wheel and aerobatic instruction preferably in a Decathlon. I have been in contact with Rockcliffe Flying School and they seem quite interesting and may have all I need.
Has anybody any suggestions as other possibilities in the Ottawa region that I might look at. I have googled and also searched this site but Rockcliffe are the only ones to reply so far.

Cheers

surveytheworld
26th Jul 2012, 13:41
I highly recommend Rockcliffe. There are some great people there, and the environment is what you expect from a classic, friendly Flying Club.

Other places include Ottawa Aviation Services - they have a Grob for aeros (obviously not a tailwheel) - they are not as friendly to "plain old" renters as Rockcliffe is. I believe Gatineau also has a Grob but not sure if it's on that flight school's operating certificate yet... when I chatted with the owner a couple of months ago he was still "working on it."

Go fly at Rockcliffe!

Solar
28th Jul 2012, 02:21
Will give it a go survey it's the Decathlon that interests me, I'll let you know how I get on.
Cheers.

EricCartman
30th Jul 2012, 11:00
I would also give Lachute Aviation a call. They'll have insight into Gatineau, Pendleton and Lachute re: tailwheel and aerobatic stuff. Lachute is about an hour east of Ottawa on the Quebec side. There is also fairly vibrant scene west of Ottawa in Carp and Arnprior.

North Shore
10th Aug 2012, 02:06
You could also try these guys:The Pitts Formation (http://www.pittspecials.com/training.html)

They're at Smiths Falls, about 20NM SW of Ottawa..

Solar
14th Sep 2012, 02:10
Hi Folks

Had a great two weeks in Ottawa with some great flying with Mike Lamb of Rockcliffe Flying Club in a Super Decathlon, highly recommended.

fernytickles
15th Sep 2012, 01:20
You came home too early. It's the Vintage Wings of Canada's event at Gatineau this weekend! :ok:

Solar
15th Sep 2012, 23:44
Don't I know it, unfortunately work takes precedence over me enjoying myself for some reason.
Would have loved to get up there, maybe next year.