PDA

View Full Version : NPPL Medical

tobster911
25th Jul 2012, 10:48
Hi everyone, just a quick yes or no question:
I went to the doctors, had my class 2 medical signed off etc, is there anything else I need to do now, like send it off to the CAA (how much?) or do I just take the sheet(s) that my Dr signed?
Thanks
T

this is my username
25th Jul 2012, 10:56
No Yes!

No you dont need to do anything else.

Yes you just take the sheets your doctor signed.

Dave Gittins
25th Jul 2012, 11:49
I am confused; did you go to an AME to get a class 2 for your PPL (A) etc. or to your GP for an NPPL medical declaration ?

In neither case is there any action on you unless you have to send a copy off to accompany a license application.

With a class 2 the AME tells the CAA. With a Med Dec the GP tells nobody and you just keep the piece of paper in your pocket for 5 years showing it when needed.

pulse1
25th Jul 2012, 12:32
If it's a NPPL declaration, a copy should be sent to NPPL Ltd.

Jodelman
25th Jul 2012, 12:44
If it's a NPPL declaration, a copy should be sent to NPPL Ltd.

Not if it's used with a SSEA rating on a PPL.

RTN11
25th Jul 2012, 15:03
You must mean NPPL Group 2 (professional driving)

Please don't confuse this with CAA Class 2.

These are very different. Assuming you do mean NPPL Group 2, you just went to your local GP. This is largely self certification by yourself, with confirmation from your GP that there is nothing significant in your medical records.

Looking on the NPPL website (my Bold)

There is no requirement at present for non-NPPL holders to submit copies of their medical declarations to the CAA unless they are asked to do so, normally in support of an application for a rating or on request of an authorised officer of the CAA.

There is also no requirement at present for non-NPPL holders to submit copies of their medical declarations to NPLG Ltd.

There is a requirement, however for NPPL holders of SSEA or SLMG ratings to forward a copy of their renewed medical declaration to NPLG Ltd.

For holders of a NPPL with a microlight rating, please forward a copy of your medical declaration to the BMAA.

So it rather depends what you plan to use the medical for.