PDA

View Full Version : HELP...Instructor rating and job prospects in USA

daddyzippo
22nd Jul 2012, 05:52
Hi

I am an Indian citizen with Indian and Philippines CPL now since the market in India is at all time low i was planing to go to USA and do an Instructor course and work there as an instructor for a couple of years to build hours. Is it possible if yes how good or bad is my idea should i pump in more money for my ratings or no ?

;) PLZ HELP :mad:

daddyzippo
22nd Jul 2012, 05:53
I am looking to go to Florida as heard many schools there

zondaracer
22nd Jul 2012, 18:20
Your idea is a good idea.... only if it was possible to execute. It is quite impossible to get a work permit as a pilot in the USA for what you want to do. Additionally, you could try the green card lottery (if eligible) or get married to an American and get a green card. Those are about your only options that I can think of. Someone might come up with another way but your chances of working in the US are slim to none if you aren't a citizen or greencard holder.

Takeoff53
23rd Jul 2012, 08:10
Beside the working permit...: Many Schools in the US are making big words about the possibility to work as instructor after you invested a huge amount of dollars for the required training into them but finally you will not get what was promised. Specially ME and MEI CFI-hours are rare and if it works ok, you may have to train some student pilots for a PPL.
If you get the visa and work permit, consider very well which training facility will fit your needs and talk to instructors working there.

daddyzippo
23rd Jul 2012, 12:50
Yup you both are correct. but i am in a fix spent so much money to get my CPL came back to my country bad picture i saw and its not getting better for another 2 years. I dont have contacts or that kinda money to get in an airline. In India there would be around 3000-5000 pilots:ugh: who have type rating on 320 or 737 but dont have a job. i dont wanna do type rating and sit at home for 2 years. rather put that kinda money in bank or real estate.:ok:(lol). i know someone in Fl who own a IT business if i ask them to help for a work visa can i shift from there company to some flying school? :O As for flying schools not keeping the promise we all are in a situation where we all need to take some risk... some pilots with 200-300 TT:eek: and lot of money are going to Indonesia to fly 320s or 737s but i dont wanna fall down from the top so want to start from the bottom as in instructor.... :8

S-Works
23rd Jul 2012, 12:57
Without getting into a long discussion on US visas. I suggest you go and look at the categories and how the work. You can't be sponsored in for one company and then go and work for another on the same visa. That opportunity is only available with permanent resident status.

You are in a very long queue of people trying to get into the USA.....