PDA

View Full Version : Strange Enquiry - Caution Urged

dopeandfabric
19th Jul 2012, 14:01
Had a call at the club today from a middle eastern sounding gentleman, asking to rent a four seater and pilot to fly over London on the opening day of the olympics.

I declined cos of all the agro with flight plans etc and said a sight seeing tour of London single engine was not likely to happen!

Was willing to pay good money he said. When I told him to try other clubs closer to London he got upset and starting ranting.

I have reported it to the relevant authorities just as a precaution but thought others should know just in case. It was his phrase "XXX XXX XXXX " that rang the alarm bells.

Besides we don't have an AOC anyway for that kinda stuff.

PPRuNe Towers
21st Jul 2012, 11:33
The user is a new sign up, but the email address and IP address does resolve back to the owner of a flying school.

There are no additions to the content, however some wording has been either deleted or marked with XXXX to prevent the publication of any potentially racist comment.

London as we all know is very well protected for the Olympics and any such unauthorised action would result in the aircraft being brought down long before it got to its destination.

All clubs already have the contact details for Project Pegasus and any contact in a similar or suspicious manner should be made through the numbers for Project Pegasus.

The action was not very bright, might have been a telephone troll but a little caution is always worthwhile.

Project Pegasus - Strengthening Our Borders - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkgR2H-Hucg)