PDA

View Full Version : ME/IR (A) Credits under EASA

whatsthisdo
19th Jul 2012, 07:16
Hi All

I need a little help from my fellow FI's!

I am a CPL(H)FI approx 1,500hrs, my boss (corporate) wants me to go to 'the dark side' and fly things with properly attached wings.

It is straightforward up to the ME Rating, CAP804 is in my mind not as clear as I would hope for! :confused:

The key question: Is there any credit against the 70hrs PIC requirement given for having multi-engine helicopter time and/or the CPL(H)FI? And can anyone point me to the right reference for it?

Thanks in advance!:ok:

Whopity
19th Jul 2012, 18:00
From Reg 1178/2011
For CPL:EXPERIENCE
12. The applicant for a CPL(A) shall have completed at least 200 hours flight time, including at least:
(e) Hours as PIC of other categories of aircraft may count towards the 200 hours flight time, in the following cases:
(i) 30 hours in helicopter, if the applicant holds a PPL(H); or
(ii) 100 hours in helicopters, if the applicant holds a CPL(H);
2. CPL
2.1. An applicant for a CPL holding a CPL in another category of aircraft shall have received theoretical knowledge bridge instruction on an approved course according to the differences identified between the CPL syllabi for different aircraft categories.
For the IR:10.2. The holder of an IR(H) may have the total amount of training required in paragraphs 7 or 8 above reduced by 10 hours.For the FI you should be credited with the 25 hours teaching and learning. I can see no credit for the 70 hours PIC required on aeroplanes for a ME rating.