PDA

View Full Version : Even examiners make mistakes

englishal
3rd Apr 2002, 15:05
My JAA PPL was up for renewal 27/05/2002 but as I had plenty of hours and an hour with a JAA instructor I revalidated through the experience route on 17/12/2001.

The FE signed my certificate of re-validation but put the expiry date now 17/12/2003, and also failed to send in the SPA LPC to the CAA.

As I was re-validating in the last 12 months of 2 years then the new expiry date should have been 24 months from the ORIGINAL date of expiry, ie. 26/05/2004.....

Ah well, you live and learn...

Cheers
EA

BEagle
3rd Apr 2002, 16:33
Point out his error to him and then ask him to amend the entry in your licence and to send off the LPC SPA forthwith. He has a duty towards you to do things correctly and should have no problems apologising and doing this for you.

I certainly would!

Irv
3rd Apr 2002, 16:45
Englishal - even when you get it fixed, don't do yourself out of a day! - shouldn't you be asking for a new date of 27/5/04, NOT the 26/5/04 you seem to want... ?? Once you've got a SEP rating, shouldn't it always be the same date every 2 years if you keep it going properly?

CaptAirProx
3rd Apr 2002, 18:57
Feel sorry for the examiner....................When I get asked to do a CofE, everytime I have to sit back and take a deep breath just to remember the rules under JAR. And then when you have got it sorted they only give you a mouses thingy to write the dates etc on. All so they (CAA) can leave a huge gap of nothing down the bottom of the page. --------W H Y ?----------

Suppose it gave someone a job for a month to re-design the totally effective page we used to have when JAR came out. Value for money eh?

englishal
4th Apr 2002, 06:56
Well, I'll let the examiner off, it was just before Christmas, and he was doing me a favour. Funny though, he did ask me how long the revalidation should be for....maybe I should have said 5 years !

Cheers
EA