PDA

View Full Version : Air france recruiting

slr737
3rd Apr 2002, 14:05
Hello,

I hear Air france was recruiting again. Does anybody else have also heard the sames rumours???

Do you know what are their requirements?

Thanks

Sagey
3rd Apr 2002, 14:16
From my limited understanding of French.

Cannot apply if you have failed selection 3 times previously.

Cannot apply if you have failed to finish a course previously.

1000 hours and a JAR member state license. Didn't see anything about jet times being a requirement.

Oh and you need to be fluent in French, which could be a problem I guess.

Requirements are only posted in French so I could be completely wrong.

Sagey

sabenapilot
3rd Apr 2002, 15:33
I take it SLR737 flies for the Belgian charter airline Sobelair, so being fluent in french is not that much of a problemt then.

I flew for Sabena until Septemebr, yet now I fly for Air Lib.
It takes a few weeks to get used to doing checklists, ATC and crew briefings in French, but apart for that, no problems whatsoever...

stardust
3rd Apr 2002, 15:41
and only JAR licenses delivered by the DGAC are accepted in France! other european JAR licenses are not recognised (thanks to the union-SNPL). Europe at it's best!

LAVDUMP
3rd Apr 2002, 15:58
Who wouldn't want to fly for Air France?

Great fleet, quite profitable...

Which aircraft type do you think you would start on?

Does anyone know someone who has joined Air France recently?

Cheers

sabenapilot
3rd Apr 2002, 16:58
I know legally speaking you shouldn't have to do this,
but you can get your foreign JAR licence converted to a French JAR licence.
I think the main aim of this is that they have you come to their offices to check if you can really understand/speak French fluently enough to fly a French plane (...don't forget that as soon as your callsign is Air France, the Air Traffic Controller will automatically assume you speak French...
At least I didn't have any problem at all getting my Belgian JAR ATPL converted into a French version, although it obviously is not a major issue for any Belgian to be seen as "Frenchy"...

slr737
3rd Apr 2002, 21:06
Merci bcp Sabenapilot.

How is it to work for AirLib. In fact I don't care if it is air france, air lib or Air littoral. I just want to leave Belgium.........

What did u had to do to get your French Jar licence?? Did it take a long time?

Do you know if Air lib will recruit soon.

Thanks