PDA

View Full Version : CPL Questions

Desert Strip Basher
12th Jul 2012, 17:12
What oral questions do you expect a CPL candidate to get on test day other than say performance related queries?

Another_CFI
12th Jul 2012, 21:44
Which country? The FAA oral is more detailed than the UK CAA oral.

Desert Strip Basher
13th Jul 2012, 07:38
CAA, thanks for any advice.

zondaracer
13th Jul 2012, 08:58
My UK examiner asked two questions only. Before the test, I asked around and other guys told me he asked the exact same questions. Five months later, the examiner was still asking the same two questions. I've heard that some examiners ask more questions, but nothing you can't overcome with a little gouge and studying.

Desert Strip Basher
13th Jul 2012, 12:23
What were they?

RTN11
13th Jul 2012, 17:46
Most questions asked usually relate to the mass and balance, i.e. are you within the envelope and how did you come by these figures. If you stammer a bit at first you may find they ask a few follow up questions to check your understanding.

They will ask you what speeds you intend to use for all phases of flight, best glide, vx, vy etc. This is primarily so they can test you on whether you are flying the planned speeds.

Unlikely they will ask anything too technical since you've passed the written exams, you might get asked a bit about the systems on board, how the undercarriage retracts or something along those lines, but just be familiar with the aircraft and you'll be fine.

Tinstaafl
14th Jul 2012, 04:45
I did a combined flight test for the issue of a UK ATPL & IR. The only question I was asked was about the speeds I would be using.

Very different to Oz & USA tests where you'll get a ground grilling with scenario based questions about exercising the privileges of the licence or rating you're about to get (presuming it all goes well, of course)