PDA

View Full Version : Canjet Montreal

Pin Head
11th Jul 2012, 20:59
Hi.

Any lowdown on routes and pairing out of Mont. during the winter? Any good layovers?

Good party in the city, heard it is a student town.

Voulez vous counchez avec moi?

dss3000
11th Jul 2012, 21:43
Im curious to know have you been hired by Canjet for the Montreal base ? Are you a contract pilot ?

Btw Montreal is fun but im not sure what you mean by University town !!
No more students than any other big city !

Niceman
12th Jul 2012, 08:18
'Im curious to know '
Yes DSS3000 I bet you are!
Not protectionist by any chance are you?

dss3000
16th Jul 2012, 15:47
No not at all
As long as there is a reciprocal agreement from your country...
Btw I have worked as a contractor for a few years in all parts of the world enjoyed it tremendously

Good luck and have fun

Willie Everlearn
22nd Jul 2012, 03:03
Niceman

I am protectionist. So I'll respond to your taunt.

JAA/EASA member states and their pilots are protectionist as well, right?
So it's fair to say we Canadian pilots should protect what precious few opportunities we have in Canada, even if our government won't.

I recall the furor over an Atlas subsidiary flying 747s in BA colours with N registrations using a number of foreign pilots with FAA licences. Tut, tut. Can't have that in the land of hope and glory.
Those shenanigans still going on? Or is GSS there but for the grace and well entrenched due to British pilots speaking out against job losses to foreigners at a time when it too was probably unnecessary?

Foreign pilots (as in NON-Canadian) are not needed at the moment due to the fact we have an abundance of Canadian pilots available to fill the vacancies presently being offered through some European pilot employment agencies. Unless they are brought over by Wet Lease agreements foreign pilots can stay home.

Until there is a pilot shortage in Canada, there is no need for any Canadian air carrier to destroy what little aviation there is in Canada by trying to use a type rating as an excuse to 'contract' additional crews from overseas.

When we need to look beyond our borders I'm sure foreign pilots will be welcome. THAT day is a long, long way away.

To those intending to take advantage of the opportunity, you need to know what you'd be walking into AND you need to know the conversation going on 'behind your back' is not what you might think because most over here will never tell you to your face what they really think.
We're too polite.

FWIW, you are not welcome at present and I'm sure you understand WHY.

Willie Everlearn :ok: