PDA

View Full Version : Flying school closure, YMEN

ringbinder
10th Jul 2012, 02:07
Anyone heard anything about a flying school at EN closing its doors leaving a lot of students who'd paid substantial amounts up front in the lurch?

kalavo
10th Jul 2012, 04:02
Who the foxtrot is still paying money up front?!

Lasiorhinus
10th Jul 2012, 04:38
Wouldnt happen to be a flying school with strong links to a charter company, a flying school that hasnt had a new student in over a year, a flying school with only one instructor, a flying school where the aircraft spend more time grounded than airworthy?

If so, then its about time!

Spinner73
11th Jul 2012, 02:45
Can we buy a vowel, or something?

down3gr33ns
11th Jul 2012, 07:43
Yes, that seems to be the one.

Any news on what arrangements have been made to transfer student funds to another training facility?

Who the foxtrot is still paying money up front?!

The gullible, the uninformed, those blinded by the "spin" from the organisation in their enthusiasm for an aviation career .............. a pity, but it happens.

The Kelpie
11th Jul 2012, 11:01
Please could someone PM me the name of the school. It may be of use to something I am working on at the moment.

Cheers

More to Follow

The Kelpie

training wheels
11th Jul 2012, 12:06
There used to be only three schools based at the terminal at Essendon ... the one at the northern end, the one at the southern end, and the one in the middle. So which one is it? (I think the one in the middle trains pilots for the space shuttle, judging by its name).

ZappBrannigan
11th Jul 2012, 15:04
I'm assuming it's National Aero. From what I've heard through the vine, charter ops going very well in Darwin, but complete opposite in shambles of school at EN.

falconx
12th Jul 2012, 01:29
confirmed national aero

lovetofly247
13th Jul 2012, 14:39
All their web pages have been taken down :( aww gonna miss all the Bull crap that was posted ... hope the owners cop it hard for putting those students through hell!!! NAT !!!!!

Macrage
20th Jul 2012, 09:45
I for one am a little sad to see this flying go down in flames the way they did. I learnt to fly there a decade ago, did most of the training there and was later employed by same school. 5 years of loyal service to them and the experience later got me into the right then left seat of a SAAB then an Airbus. Many fantastic memories and worked alongside some trully inspirational people but in the end it was a death by a thousand cut's for the school to which I was not shocked in the slightest when I heard of their downfall. A lethal cocktail of falling student numbers to cadet programs, no fee help, no funding, no maintenance and general feeling of surrender around the place. Some people may slander me for writing this post reminding me of the occasional moments that I simply hated the place but in the end they did get my career off the ground and met mates for life on those blue beer stained carpets with orange cushions.

RIP NAT

Captain Garmin
27th Jul 2012, 11:37
These guys looked down their nose at and fobbed off a friend of mine who was looking to do his CIR in his privately owned single earlier this year.

superdimona
28th Jul 2012, 08:36
We almost need a Sticky telling students to never pay up front - and in a perfect, not litigant world, a list of schools that have gone bust owing money to students.

GPSsteer
14th Aug 2012, 03:13
Anybody got any idea what has become of National Aerospace Training at Essendon? Have they shut down of just moved out of Essendon and what about direct Air; is it still a going concern?

LexAir
14th Aug 2012, 05:26
Story is N.A.T has closed the flying school. Lots of unhappy campers owed a lot of money.

zanzibar
14th Aug 2012, 07:57
http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/490137-flying-school-closure-ymen.html

GPSsteer
14th Aug 2012, 23:59
Perhaps we should be considering what the closure of this school portends for the GA training industry as a whole?

alovelyguy
24th Aug 2012, 05:20
#@$@ serious, these people owe me 5 grand still, time to bust some %^%$ing heads

ivan ellerbai
25th Aug 2012, 09:50
Perhaps we should be considering what the closure of this school portends for the GA training industry as a whole?

Can't think of anything, what did you have in mind, perhaps?

Zephyrus
30th Sep 2012, 09:28
It's a shame to see the doors closed, however the writing was on the wall back in '04 when the engineers refused to issue a new maintenance release until the then extremely large debt was paid...

The one thing I don't miss is the daily calls from people seeking money from management who were very prompt in chasing others for money but very lazy when it came to paying their own bills :ugh::ugh::ugh: