PDA

View Full Version : Questions About JAL, JALways, ANA, NCA & Air Japan Contracts

Elite Skipper
2nd Apr 2002, 11:52
Would anyone have any information on working with JAL, JALways, ANA, NCA & Air Japan? There is an upcoming contract available through Hawaii Aviation. Last year, Hawaii Aviation posted anticipated openings on their website. They are conducting screening interviews over the next couple of weeks. A number of us ex-C3 types are going for these interviews. I don't know who conducts the interviews, whether it is Hawaii Aviation or the Japanese carriers? Anyway, I'm sure we'll soon find out.

Specifically, I am interested in finding out more about the following:
- length of the contracts,
- current working conditions,
- scheduling,
- future plans,
- morale,
- what is the timeline from screening interviews to being hired, completion of training, first flight?

I have heard that if you work for some of the Far East carriers, the training process is very intense and long. Almost like starting from scratch. Rumour has it, that it can take 6-9 months. Can anyone confirm this rumour?

Any info related to the above would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Elite Skipper

ArcticCircle
2nd Apr 2002, 13:52
I have to admit I don`t know much about what you`re asking for. But I know that the crew leasing agency PARC in Dublin did place a number of pilots with one of the carriers in Japan a couple of years back. I suggest you give them a call on +353 1 8429933 and ask for John O`Shea or Senan Haugh in "Flight Crews".
Good luck.