PDA

View Full Version : Atpl/ppl

PODKNOCKER
2nd Apr 2002, 11:34
As a current ATPL with LPC/OPC every six months and 750 hours per year on glass/heavy jet, what other checks (C of E) are required to fly club/group/own aircraft in the Single Engine and Multi Engine Land class in the UK?

twistedenginestarter
2nd Apr 2002, 20:57
Pod

Don't know the full answer to your question but I can't afford my own plane or the committment to a group plane. Thus for my few hours of annual SE I have to use club craft. I have found their check requirements far exceed any strictly legal requirements. I more-or-less have to do a PPL GFT every time I want to fly. I suspect this is partly insurance. I quite enjoy it - I always learn a little something from an instructor. But it is bloody expensive...

Readability5
4th Apr 2002, 15:33
Pod

I bumped into my old instructor a couple of weeks ago who is now off doing things similar to you. He said he'd let his PPL lapse and had booked in to do a SPE skills test to get it back. Hope that helps.

Manual Reversion
4th Apr 2002, 15:48
I'm in a similar situation.
I have to do LPC MEP each year. LPC SEP every two years (if I have less than the approved number of hours in a single)
My single crew IR is done on a twin which gets a separate line on the licence :SPA ME IR, valid for a year. If you do it on a twin then that allows you to use the priviledge of an IR in a single if you're feeling brave! It makes 4 visits to the sim for a 737 seem simple!

PODKNOCKER
5th Apr 2002, 06:52
Thanks folks...I should have mentioned I have been averaging 20 to 50 hours a year in a single...do I still need a check?