PDA

View Full Version : Nats announce £195m pre tax profit

45 before POL
29th Jun 2012, 12:34
Nats today have announced their financial results. Total revenue £865m an increase of £88m on 2011. Per tax profit £195m, up £89m on last years. Pretty healthy figures, all details available on nats.co.uk.

whitelighter
29th Jun 2012, 15:36
Good,

Working for a company that makes a loss is horrible

Tigersaw
3rd Jul 2012, 13:36
So where are we with the pension deficit?

Hotel Tango
3rd Jul 2012, 15:04
And a performance bonus for the front line ATC boys and girls I trust. Or will that only go to the managers?

GAPSTER
3rd Jul 2012, 15:57
Tigersaw...on the presumption that you are a NATS employee you can find all the details concerning the arrangements to recover the deficit in the last CAAPS annual report.Until the next valuation no figure can be given.

Tigersaw
3rd Jul 2012, 18:53
Said tongue in cheeck obviously :hmm:
I'm sure NATS has better things to spend it on

whitelighter
3rd Jul 2012, 19:46
Noooooooooooo!

Don't even suggest performance bonuses for atco's!

Because they will arrive with (easier to achieve) non-performance penalties.

I turn up, do my job, go home and get paid. It's simple and the way I like it.
Let's not encourage anyone to start to think they can pay us based on performance.

As far as I am concerned if managers want to keep looking over their shoulder in exchange for the odd bonus hey are welcome to it

7thChineseBrother
5th Jul 2012, 13:40
Maybe NATS could pay ATCOs according to the time they're actually plugged in? That would cut the wage bill and increase profits

Minesthechevy
5th Jul 2012, 22:35
You're not here for the hunting, are you?

Mantovani
6th Jul 2012, 00:04
And a performance bonus for the front line ATC boys and girls I trust

How about a bonus for the boys and girls who engineered the voice, radar & data that makes ATC so easy nowadays?

Flip-flops all around :)

opnot
6th Jul 2012, 20:08
7th chinese brother
I suggest you make your self familiar with the legal regulations for the time a atco is allowed to work before he/she has to have a break

Rossoneri
6th Jul 2012, 20:24
I would count engineering to be front-line staff too, Mantovani. I wouldn't say it's 'made ATC so easy' though, still a little bit of skill involved!