PDA

View Full Version : Potential Experience

tobster911
21st Jun 2012, 10:04
Hi there, I'm looking for some 'work experience' related to aviation. I don't mind particularly what it is, even if it's just cleaning aircraft, but, I'd prefer something a bit more active. If any one knows of any body who is needing help, or a company willing to take on a mature 16 year old, please contact me with their details. I am located in Cumbria and Lancashire, and if any flight instructing organisations could help with my search, it would be much appreciated.
Thank you
T

mrmum
21st Jun 2012, 19:28
So what is it exactly you're looking for?

Traditional, short term, release from school work experience, where you go to an employer, unpaid for a week or two to see what the real world is like.

A part-time position, while you remain in the education system.

A proper full-time role, as you've now left school.

How do you plan to get round the logistical issues of being stuck at the wrong end of the road to Barrow? That's going to be a bit of a problem unless someone at Walney pops up with an offer.

I also wouldn't put the word "just" before cleaning aircraft, especially if you're expecting a flying school to give you a job doing it. It's an important role and actually quite active in itself. I know a lot of people who started out doing exactly that, lots of whom are aviation professionals, several are widebody captains.

PS read rule 5
PPRuNe Forums - FAQ: PPRuNe Rules (http://www.pprune.org/faq.php?faq=pprune_rules#faq_pprune_rules_rules)

essouira
22nd Jun 2012, 10:22
If you have a bike, it is really worth actually visiting flying schools and airfields and asking in person. Go to the airfield, talk to everyone you meet, spend time sitting around, offer to help, get your self known. make appointments to see someone from the airfield management, the chief flying instructor of any flight schools etc.
If you can't visit in person, write letters.
Don't be put off if it takes a while, you will definitely find something if you are determined.
We regularly take on young people to clean aircraft, work on the ops desk, help with re-fuelling etc .... and they are usually rewarded with the occasional flying lesson and/or good reference when they apply for jobs or courses.

Good luck with your search !