PDA

View Full Version : HS 748 Destroyed by Fire

er340790
13th Jun 2012, 21:29
A Wasaya Airways LP aircraft was destroyed by fire while on the ground Tuesday at the Sandy Lake First Nation airport. Wasaya spokeswoman Jennifer Mihalcin said the incident occurred at 1:43 p.m. when a Hawker Siddeley 748 performing a routine fuel trip from Pickle Lake sustained damage during ground operations in the remote community.

“The aircraft is a total loss,” Mihalcin said. The two crew members on board were not injured, she said. There were no passengers. Mihalcin said the Transportation Safety Board was notified, but will not be sending investigators to the site. The company is investigating the incident, she said.
Ground operations typically involve flight crews offloading supplies and fuel.
No further details were released. Wasaya Airways LP is a First Nation-owned company that provides passenger and charter service to more than 25 destinations throughout Northwestern Ontario.

fitliker
15th Jun 2012, 02:40
What does LP stand for ? is that like PLC ?

India Four Two
17th Jun 2012, 07:14
"Limited Partnership" Wasaya Airways - About Wasaya Airways LP - About Wasaya Airways LP (http://www.wasaya.com/default.asp?pid=2&cid=91&ref=1)

An unfortunate occurence. One of my favourite aircraft. My first trip to northern Canada was in a 748 CF-CSE. I remember one of the ground operations issues was the proximity of the propeller to the forward freight door. Fork-lift drivers had to very careful when backing away.