PDA

View Full Version : 1st July or 17th September?

Pringle 1
29th May 2012, 10:28
BEagle or anyone else please.....?

Am I right in thinking that 17th September 2012......the new date for issue of EASA licences, will also apply to the requirements for removing the applied IF restriction from an FI rating? (i.e. until then can I still apply for issue with only 50 hrs IF under the 4:1 rule) ?

I have phoned the CAA for clarification but they were unable to answer the question. They suggested I send an e mail. I am still waiting for a reply to one sent a couple of months ago, so I don't hold up much hope for an official reply before the original deadline of 1st July 2012.

Any thoughts ...inside info ....appreciated.

Rithalic
29th May 2012, 10:46
So I have no update on whether things have changed since because I was facing this issue earlier in the year and got it done asap. This was the response to my email as recieved on 28th February 2012.
Original query in italics, CAA response in normal.

I am presently a restricted flying instructor and would like to undergo the training required for the removal of my no applied instrument restriction as per LASORS H1.4 Removal of No Applied Instrument Restriction.

If you hold either a valid IMC or IR rating then yes, you can complete the course at a Flight Training Organisation (FTO) approved to conduct Flight Instructor courses and pass the appropriate Skill Test as per Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.330 & 1.345 with an appropriately authorised Flight Instructor Examiner. Once you meet the requirements of JAR-FCL 1.325 and 1.330(d), for further guidance please see LASORS H1.4, you can then apply to remove both the No Applied Instrument and Supervisory Restrictions together, the appropriate application forms and fees would still be required.

·The reason for wanting to get the training done is that I am concerned that come EASA the 4X rule as per LASORS H1.4 Removal of No Applied Instrument Restriction C. may no longer be in place and thus it would become extremely difficult for new instructors to achieve the requisite 200hours of Instrument Flying.

Please see recently published Aeronautical Information Circular (AIC) White 013/2012. http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=159&Itemid=56.html (http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=159&Itemid=56.html)

·All of this hopefully being done before April and the potential changes due to EASA.
To be able to remove this restriction in accordance with current guidance you must have applied and the ratings issued/restrictions removed before the 1st July 2012.

Whopity
29th May 2012, 10:51
As they were unable to cope with 1st July, they have shifted everything that was scheduled to happen on that date to 17th September therefore there is no reason to suppose that anything will now happen on 1st July so fill your boots. If the CAA don't know the answer then what chance do we have? The days of common sense, anticipation and reason have long disappeared from Gatwick.

Pringle 1
31st May 2012, 19:18
Whopity, Rithalic,

Thank you for the replies. The September date is a much more viable for me. Interesting that you can get both restrictions removed at once. I thought you had to remove the supervisory restriction before you could begin the course to remove the no applied IF restriction.

Pringle 1

Whopity
31st May 2012, 21:54
A curious reply from the CAA because in order to start the (IRI) course you must be an unrestricted FI, or you will need 800 hours flight time in accordance with IFR (200 hours using the 4:1 ratio) to do the course. As this is a pre-entry requirement, the CAA are effectively saying that its OK for an FTO to go against its approved Training Manual. Unless this came from the companie's Inspector, in writing, I would not believe it.