View Full Version : FAA CURRENCY?

cometelo80
24th May 2012, 07:26
If some one can clarify me this I really appreciate:

To keep my FAA license current is ok the SIM my company normally give me in Europe or should I go to United State for a SIM there???

Thanks a lot guys!

:ugh:

Check Airman
24th May 2012, 08:19
What kind of currency are you talking about? If it's landing or instrument currency, you can log it in the aircraft you normally fly- registration doesn't matter. No need to wait for sim training.

cometelo80
24th May 2012, 10:19
Sorry for not be more specific...

In fact I asking for the type rating... If I always go to Sim every 6 months for OPC and LPC , I also need to go to United Stated as well???

thanks

doniedarko
24th May 2012, 11:13
As far as I'm aware to keep your 'type rating' current you would have to be tested in a FAA sim by an FAA check captain. There is also a training requirement as well as a check. A LPC for a JAR license would not count to keeping an FAA rating valid.

jr51xx
24th May 2012, 12:01
There are no doubt FAR 142 facilities in Europe. If you receive a proficiency check from a person authorized by the FAA to give that check, then you are good to go.

But instead of betting your ticket on the opinions of strangers on a forum, why not check the faa.gov website and get the information from the front end of the horse. You should find a list of not only persons authorized to give the PC, but also facilities approved for the event.

Good luck and enjoy the flying in Europe!

MarkerInbound
24th May 2012, 14:08
I think you are refering to 61.58, a PIC proficiency check for an aircraft that requires more than one pilot or is turbo-jet powered. 61.58 says within the last 12 months you must have a PC in an aircraft requiring more than one pilot and within the last 24 months you must have a PC in that type aircraft. So if you are flying a Lear and Gulfstream you could have a PC in one type and the next year in the other type.

It goes on to say the PC must be given by an authorized instructor, which means either a CFI with that type rating or a person on staff at a 142 school approved to give the check. Since you are saying sim, you are talking about a 142 school. As jr51xx said, if you can find a 142 school in Europe (or anywhere), you are covered.

davidjh
1st Jun 2012, 16:33
Depending on what type you fly, FSI in Farnborough have TCE's who could do the 61.58 for you.