PDA

View Full Version : Niknak/Mark Lowery RIP

Vlax
16th May 2012, 20:03
A dear friend and colleague suddenly passed away last week, due to a blood clot to the heart at only 51, at least he got to see his 1st grandchild Emily.

We worked together at Humberside as assistants in the very early 80’s and have been good friends since.
Mark became an ATCO, did some Airport Management and went back to controlling and recently became an instructor at an Air Traffic College.

He will be missed and my sincere condolences go to his family.
His funeral at St Peters Church, Mattishall, Norfolk, NR20 3RZ, 24th May at 1:30pm.

radarman
16th May 2012, 20:25
Never knew Mark personally, but well remember Niknak's valuable contributions to PPRuNe. Having only last week spent anxious hours wired up in A&E, I know how problems with the ticker can suddenly catch you out. Sincerest condolences to all the family. RIP

Gonzo
17th May 2012, 07:37
RIP Niknak, it was interesting sparring with you!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
17th May 2012, 08:03
My condolences to Niknak's family. I know precisely what they are going through as it is my wife's funeral today.

Glamdring
17th May 2012, 08:18
RIP NikNak

And sorry to hear about your wife HD

:(

Brian 48nav
17th May 2012, 08:39
Our thoughts are with you today, Bren.

B&A

ATCO Two
17th May 2012, 09:58
Your opinions were always worth hearing.

Vercingetorix
17th May 2012, 10:10
HD
Sorry to hear your news.

Condolences.

aluminium persuader
17th May 2012, 13:15
Heartfelt condolences to Niknak's family & to you, HD.

ap

ZOOKER
17th May 2012, 16:40
RIP Niknak. Condolences to your family.
HD, sorry to hear your news, deepest sympathies Bren.

Cleared For A Coffee
17th May 2012, 16:58
Devastating news. RIP Mark, a fantastic instructor and a great guy.

Condolences to both Marks family and to you, HD.

Big X
17th May 2012, 17:42
What a shock! I got to know Mark in the early 90's when I was a humble AFI at Humberside but lost touch when he moved away.

Thought about him only last week wondering what had happened to him, little knowing I had been reading his posts here for years.

RIP Mark and my sincere condolences to your family.

flyer2004
17th May 2012, 18:25
One of the good guys gone. RIP Mark.

10W
18th May 2012, 07:04
RIP Niknak. Such a sudden and unexpected passing of one of the real characters on PPRuNe. His input, whether you agreed with him or not, was always able to catalyse discussion, and this will be missed.

HD, I have seen many writings from you regarding your beloved wife, here on PPRuNe and it is clear that she was a huge part of your life and that you were both inseperable. It's hard to think about what you must be going through.

Condolences and deepest sympathy from all the PPRuNe team to both sets of families and wishing strength and courage to all those who are left behind.

anty
18th May 2012, 07:05
awful news, a great instructor and all round good bloke lost. RIP Mark

Northerner
18th May 2012, 13:12
Bren I'm so so sorry to hear your news, words can't describe. I know from things you've said on here but also at work before you retired about how close and happy you were. Wish we could make it better but know we can't.
RIP.

RIP also for Niknak - always enjoyed reading his posts and they debates they sparked.

Sometimes folk just seem to go too young.

take care all.
Fran

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
18th May 2012, 13:56
Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I am sorry, I had no intention to hi-jack the thread. I merely wished to convey that I knew how Niknak's family must feel. Thanks.

Say again s l o w l y
18th May 2012, 13:59
Oh no. RIP Mark. I know I'll miss him from here.

My best wishes to you too HD.

10 DME ARC
18th May 2012, 17:47
HD/Bren my thoughts are with you, I cannot think how you are getting through!!

Niknak my thoughts to your family........ so soon.........:confused:

Lon More
18th May 2012, 21:16
Condolences to Niknak's family and to Bren.

None of us are getting any younger; this is in all ourfutures.

Sweet Potatos
19th May 2012, 18:02
That's really sad news.

RIP Mark "Niknak"

Condolences to Family, Friends and colleagues.

mister-ron
19th May 2012, 19:09
I very rarely post on here but Mark's passing is such a sad day that it feels necessary. Those that know the title to this post will have worked closely with him. Mark was the funniest ATCO I ever worked with and there are many tales to tell. Kipper eating, setting fire to bales of hay with a varey pistol, putting bread on the goats caravan the production of the underground magazine " the gossip" which included the controversial section who is doin who. He was larger than life and a top bloke. I will miss you Mark!!

FDMS
20th May 2012, 09:16
RIP Mark (Tug) A great loss to the ATC community.

Vlax
20th May 2012, 16:58
Well said mister-ron.
He was the funniest top bloke I've ever worked with and will miss him.

Helen49
30th May 2012, 16:48
RIP Niknak. Always enjoyed his contribution to the Forum.

HD. Echoing the thoughts of others. Your comments on retirement to enjoy family life certainly struck a chord. So sorry that you have lost your soul mate.

H49

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
30th May 2012, 18:04
Bless you Helen..

General_Kirby
30th May 2012, 19:01
Long time reader and occasional poster. I wouldn't be where I am today without the help of this forum and its members, my thanks to you all but my deepest sympathy to 'niknak's' family and friends and also to you HD for your loss.

5711N0205W
31st May 2012, 19:34
Bugger! Condolences to family and friends... Mark was a friend in the 80's during a sojourn in Umberside, we kept in touch for a while when I came back North but lost touch, I often wondered where he was and he was here all the time :{

LeftBlank
14th Jun 2012, 10:21
Very sorry to see this. I met Mark when I was instructing a long time ago and he helped explain many of the mysteries of Air Traffic Control.He was a good bloke. Irreverent, funny and full of energy is how I remember him.
My sincere condolences to his family and friends. I hope his spirit is in the aviation section of Valhalla with a pint in his hand regaling friends with more funny stories.