PDA

View Full Version : How are JetGo going

flying-spike
12th May 2012, 01:55
Is there anybody that can give a few facts on how things are going since the AOC was issued?

falconx
12th May 2012, 02:23
Must be good, making the local news, start cloncurry run next week and have heard an unconfirmed report they're getting a 145?

my oleo is extended
12th May 2012, 03:00
I too saw them on the news but it was weird. The spokesman basically said we are sitting here ready to work so give us a call !
Quite bizarre really, I thought they had heaps of work?
Maybe they will indulge in some aircraft door operation training during their downtime?!

Hailstop3
12th May 2012, 11:58
There is one of their Embraer's (i think 145, or looks like one) sitting on the GA ramp at Brissy. Apparently hasn't moved a hell of a lot.

wishiwasupthere
12th May 2012, 19:37
On FlightAware, JTG 'landed over 2 weeks ago'. No movement since then.

TWOTBAGS
12th May 2012, 21:02
So the sharpest knives in the draw are out again......Lets put it in perspective.

They have only had their AOC 8 days, so no surprise that if the department cant give you a kick off date you cant tell your customers.

They have been audited by two mining companies, over three separate locations. The auditor reports need to be completed, then approved at Board Level by the mining companies before kick off.

All of this takes time, which some of you think is instantaneous.:ugh:

gobbledock
12th May 2012, 21:55
'Instantaneous' is advisable in this industry, every day she sits idle she isn't making money!
Now, do the rest of us asking questions or making comments that arent 'blowing sunshine up JetGo's ass' and positive and touchy feely wrapped in a blanket of love going to be labelled 'cutlery' as well?

flying-spike
12th May 2012, 22:02
If the audit is completed (apart from the report) and there are no major problems I would expect that they would be good to go. Of course there is the problem of practical drift if they haven't got every i dotted and T crossed the usual tendency is to go from just compliant to non-compliant in quick fashion. Hopefully that is not the case with JetGo.

It would be frustrating for them to be cooling their heels after all the work to get the AOC and then be waiting for the work to come in.

Besides, I thought they were already BARS compliant. That is the standard their bulk of their customers would be holding them to. Then again that may say more about industry confidence in the BARS standard.

TWOTBAGS
12th May 2012, 22:59
Regarding Audits and reports, do you honestly think any multinational listed company is going to sign a multi-million dollar service contract with any company (not only aviation) without all the due diligence required to satisfy their own corporate governance policy, before it even gets to a boardroom decision.

Instantaneous my arse, the only thing that happens instantaneously in this industry is the captain taking control when the FO buggers it up or the FO deciding which hostie is the target choice of the day.

Everything else takes time, policy, procedure, training, CASA approval...... you get my drift. So to answer Spike, CASA certification is the minimum standard, BARS accreditation is one thing (one size does not fit all), Hart is a totally different kettle of fish.

Let the JetGo boys and girls get on with doing their jobs, its a long hard road with no guarantees of success, time will tell.

TID EDIT

morno
13th May 2012, 00:03
Somebody is a little bit sensitive!

It's aviation mate, harden the f!ck up!

morno

flying-spike
13th May 2012, 00:36
"Regarding Audits and reports, do you honestly think any multinational listed company is going to sign a multimillion dollar service contract with any company (not only aviation) without all the due diligence required to satisfy their own corporate governance policy, before it even gets to a boardroom decision?"

If they are compliant at the exit meeting yes I do. There should be no surprises in the audit report because any auditor worth his salt would let the operator know at the exit meeting what is required so they can fix it as soon as possible. The board listens to advice of their SMEs.That is why they employ auditors and safety managers to ensure their third party suppliers are safe to use.

What might be the case is that the operator was not compliant at the exit meeting and the auditors are waiting for the corrective actions to be implemented before they are used.

I am not saying this the case with JetGo but many an operator has blamed the auditors for the delay when in fact it is because the operator was not compliant during the audit and are their taking time to implement the corrective actions.

Jetgo Management
13th May 2012, 01:41
Gentleman....My life was easier when the last thread was closed!.. I don't see what the huge fuss is over Jetgo. We are simply another GA company trying to make living and provide jobs for pilots, flight attendants, engineers and the like. Yes we are operational, yes we have forward start dates ( from now)for various contracts. We purposely set forward start dates for clients as not to disappoint clients for a non performance in case our AOC was delayed. It just so happened we managed to get through the CASA process a few weeks ahead of schedule. We are now simply in preparation stages for normal operations. The rumors for the 2nd aircraft are correct and we should expect that on the ground in around 6 weeks time (VH-JGB.) We still need engineers and type rated crew if anyone knows anyone.. Again nothing special to see here guys, its not as though we are a GA company that's running space shuttles. and Lester you couldn't be further from the truth with that rumour my friend.

flying-spike
13th May 2012, 02:05
Great to hear that JetGo management. I started this thread because there was very little information about since the AOC was granted. If I can make a suggestion, it would be great if your website was kept up to date, especially the media page. There is nothing better than hearing it from the horses mouth. On the approvals page keep the list up to date with maybe a bit about BARS standard? Just my two bobs worth.

Jetgo Management
13th May 2012, 02:37
Will Do Spike... I know everyone's a bit skeptical (Although they should be a lot less now) I to would love to see the aircraft busy with add hoc flights before our contractual stuff, but it seems most charter is booked a few weeks in advance ( Unless its recovery job for someone).. Everyone will be pleased to know that over the next week you will the plane kicking off on a few jobs. Also , it seems there is a large inquiry base from New Guinea, but is going to be a while before we can operate there on a regular basis....:ok:

haughtney1
13th May 2012, 17:28
Jetgo M, your are on a hiding to nothing justifying your business stratagem on here, there will always be those trying to undermine or hoping you fail.
Best of luck, hope it all goes well and you make money.

:ok:

approachchecks
10th Jun 2012, 01:12
Hey Jetgo Management: just a quick response to your comment about rated crew and if anyone knew of any.
I know someone who applied who is type rated with coming up to 1000 hours on type and he heard back briefly but all has gone quiet!
He is still waiting to hear whats going on with the position and recently turned down a contract in Dubai as he was supposed to hear a month ago!
Hopefully you guys wont keep these guys hanging on without any info so that they dont miss an opportunity somewhere else. Only fair to be in touch......I think so anyway.
Good luck with the operation, looks good:ok:

falconx
10th Jun 2012, 02:17
I'm the same more than enough experience including on type yet not good enough

Propstop
10th Jun 2012, 09:03
Hey guys, give Jetgo Management a break as he is most likely very busy sorting out clients and possibles so he does have a viable business before worrying about taking on more pilots.
Having worked with him many moons ago he is a good guy.

flying-spike
10th Jun 2012, 21:56
"so he does have a viable business before worrying about taking on more pilots."

If he is the businessman you say he is this would have (should have) been done months before putting his hand in his pocket (and possibly other's) to get the business started

Nulli Secundus
11th Jun 2012, 07:36
mmmm.... I'm mostly with propstop on this one. Starting a business is exciting but there's generally only one bite of the cherry. Do your dough at the start and there's almost no chance of bouncing back without a significant change of plan or outside assistance. In aviation it will be even less forgiving. I think these guys will (should) be very busy building their markets/ contracts/ relationships and getting their aircraft & crew fully utilised.

They need everything going their way right now to prove to the market they can deliver on a point of difference. What exactly that is I have no idea, but start ups without one in a maturing market don't survive. Workload would be astronomical right now, but that said, great communication is such a winner with staff, prospective staff & customers in this business. It builds loyalty & helps fortify one's business. Sometimes its the little things that aren't so little & can turn out to be your point of difference.

Putting aside the glaringly obvious, its impossible to ever know if your business will fly until you actually do it. What I would hope to see is a rapid ramp up of airframes, crew and operations before the year's out. Staying small is a really nice idea but without the economies of scale needed in such a capital intensive operation, the financials become too hard to sustain. Deep pockets are not a sign of success.

Now with one operating airframe, they have something to offer customers. If they wish to carve out a niche & stave off the competition as a stand alone business, my approach would be to get up a significant head of steam as soon as possible. Generally, the effort deployed in the first 6-12 months almost entirely decides the success of any start up or at the very least, the time needed to reach that point of sustainable, long term viability.

approachchecks
11th Jun 2012, 09:05
Hey mate. Thanks for the input.

Just to mention that no one said that 'HE' wasnt a good guy. I bet he is but when you have potential career opportunities knocking at your door and you turn them down due to a position that was offered to you, then I would probably want to know where I stand. If they dont want me anymore that is absolutely fine but please tell me so I can move on and further my career somewhere else.

I agree with Nulli.....it is professional and good communication is great relationship building with staff, potential staff and clients. At the end of the day at least you have some idea of whats going on.

I do believe that these guys will be currently very busy with the business as well as operational committments but will only take 30 seconds to reply to an email.

Thanks guys. Fly safe:ok:

flying-spike
12th Jun 2012, 01:28
I couldn't agree more. I do hope they prosper but they should also be keeping the communication lines open to their prospective employees. I made a point of replying to all the applicants that sent CVs to me. I got in the poo for "wasting" stamps but it sure came in handy when '89 hit and I lost most of my pilots to SkyWest then Ansett.

falconx
21st Jun 2012, 02:59
all quiet on the jetgo front....

gobbledock
21st Jun 2012, 10:19
I got in the poo for "wasting" stamps but it sure came in handy when '89 hit and I lost most of my pilots to SkyWest then Ansett.
Indeed Spike, had you applied better fiscal management and saved all that 'stamp money' then maybe Ansett would be still with us today?? Shame on you, its all the fault of you, Peter Ables and Air New Zealand!

flying-spike
21st Jun 2012, 10:34
If I continued to display such poor fiscal management I probably would have ended up being CEO of an airline!

gobbledock
21st Jun 2012, 22:14
If I continued to display such poor fiscal management I probably would have ended up being CEO of an airline!Or started your own consultancy!

flying-spike
22nd Jun 2012, 22:49
Consultant, that is an interesting idea. Do you mean front up when ever you want to to charge an exorbitant fee for opinion that carries no liability or responsibility?
Nah, sounds too close CASA for my liking!

Copythisnumberdown
30th Jun 2012, 08:00
Looks like the crew at Jetgo are doing it right.. Heard they took over the Osbourne Contract from the Saabs... Been flying everyday this week. Townsville, Osbourne and Brisbane, looking at flight aware, they are doing the flight inbound in well under two hours. Guess the big debate with the knockers here saying the little jungle jet wouldn't find a niche were a little off the mark.... Why would you want to sit in a turbo prop for 3.5 hours versus 1.45 average in the jet..

I am also told their second aircraft arrives soon, Well done i say, more SE based jet jobs!:D

flying-spike
30th Jun 2012, 22:59
And Air Australia were flying to Phuket, Hawaii, Derby and all over the place until they couldn't pay the fuel bill at Phuket! Then it was all over.

For JetGo's sake I hope they are making a buck at it.

slim pickings
1st Jul 2012, 00:31
Hmm. I'd really like to see these guys go well. Bit of a concern though with Ivanhoe. Share price is terrible and a good source tells me they have little in the coffers. Don't let the client run arrears on the bills Go Jet. Hardest part of any new business is collecting monies owed. I pray the arrangment with Ivanhoe works out.

SP;)

gobbledock
1st Jul 2012, 04:34
And Air Australia were flying to Phuket, Hawaii, Derby and all over the place until they couldn't pay the fuel bill at Phuket! Then it was all over.
Not to mention the A320's flying into Gladstone with single digit pax numbers onboard. But don't worry, MJ may be providing 'consultative services' to JetGo!!

Copythisnumberdown
4th Jul 2012, 08:43

Seriously Gobbledock and Spike....first its 'Jetgo will never happen' then we moved onto they haven't got an AOC and aren't likely to get one, to 'my moneys on Fokker 50 operation about to start up, to the above comment.. OK so I guess we can Tarnish legacy airlines such as Pan Am and Ansett with the same brush ?

How bitter just are you guys, go back and check out your posts and come back to where they are today, flying 5 days a week for a ASX listed company and others. How much more do the poor buggers have to endure from the so called industry 'experts' on this forum before they are accepted! Seriously !:ugh:

flying-spike
4th Jul 2012, 21:47
For somebody who supposedly advises operators you are surprisingly slow to get the picture.

Nobody, especially I, want to see them fail. The discussion is not about that.
Your premise that because they are flying they are successful is flawed. I am merely making the point that, as in recent history with Air Australia, operators can be flat out flying from point A to point B but still be doing it at a loss until the funds dry up.

You seem to be dazzled and distracted by BARS accreditation, shiny new aircraft and ASX listings but have little understanding of basic principles of business and profitability.

I hope for their sake they are not reliant on you for your business acumen. If they are then they really are at risk

falconx
4th Jul 2012, 23:13
spot on spike

JetA_OK
5th Jul 2012, 01:07
It's not 5 days for a start; it's 3 and the said ASX company has just announced a major staff reduction and cost cutting process on 26 June. I wouldn't think they'd be paying Jetgo any more than the previous operator. The other days are for a charter broker who are good blokes and well established, but don't offer a lot of tenure.

I don't wish them any ill-well; I just think that less than 15-20 hours a week is pretty skinny utilization for an E Jet.

Nulli Secundus
6th Jul 2012, 03:10
Some businesses/ industries allow a gradual ramp up for new starts. Aviation, particularly at the 'heavier' end - not really. It may be possible to be the ad-hoc guys for a short while with one or two airframes, but for mine, its not possible in the long term. That said, no one knows their balance sheet or P&L, marketing strategy, sales strategy or exit plan. This may very well be working to plan.

Regular, dependable cash flow from day one will be any business' saviour. Losses are of course normal at the beginning. With time a business will review its position and reconsider if the then losses were actually the investment needed for today's profitability or, the significant reason why the business failed & the liquidator/ administrator are now handling the collapse. The window of opportunity is usually very short & you do not waste a day making every post a winner.

Get those contracts signed, get the min crew, airframes & infrastructure in place asap.

I do think their prospects are good. They have a worthwhile point of differrence (Jet V Turbo prop), there appears to be some well established experience in the operator & there is a clearly identifiable need for their service.

Being under resourced however is probably the 'silliest' reason for good businesses & good people to fail!

Cactusjack
10th Jul 2012, 11:17
How much more do the poor buggers have to endure from the so called industry 'experts' on this forum before they are accepted! Seriously !

A lot. For my money they shall and will remain under a measure of spotlight before, during and after start-up. Some of the posters on this forum are more than just so called industry experts, you would be surprised..
I would suggest you harden up a little, you seem to expect every poster to submit some kind of glossy, feel good, semi erect positive message? It doesn't work that way, you earn respect and acolades over time.
Those 'old timers' in the indsutry have seen numerous start up's come and go, so if JetGo wish to obtain some kind of euphoric 'acceptance' they will have to ride the passage of time and prove themselves.

Copythisnumberdown
24th Jul 2012, 11:02
JetGo Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JetGo_Australia)

flying-spike
24th Jul 2012, 11:30
Why is that interesting? Is the Wikipedia entry to be taken as some form of validation?
Not likely. Especially when you see the sources of the information. Care to expand on your observation?

TWOTBAGS
24th Jul 2012, 11:38
..... Yeah, PPrune is just so much more reliable......:}

Horatio Leafblower
24th Jul 2012, 12:41
You seem to be dazzled and distracted by BARS accreditation

Yeah yeah... but last time I checked BARSoft they're NOT BARs accredited. :confused:

Al Fentanyl
24th Jul 2012, 13:25
The local rag last week:

"Airport changes ahead
LIZ MACINTYRE
19 Jul, 2012 12:00 AM
CLONCURRY - Changes to the airport terminal, runway and apron were discussed at Tuesday's Cloncurry Shire Council Meeting, with the Mayor Andrew Daniels saying the town had to be ready to cater for the mining boom".
"As for JetGo, no one has heard anything from the company since JetGo Australia's owner, Jason Ryder was supposed to touch down in early July and didn't turn up".

Donkey_Punch
25th Jul 2012, 08:01
"As for JetGo, no one has heard anything from the company since JetGo Australia's owner, Jason Ryder was supposed to touch down in early July and didn't turn up".

JetNo? JetGone? JetLost?

flying-spike
25th Jul 2012, 21:23
The number you have dialed is either incorrect or disconnected...............

Cactusjack
28th Jul 2012, 10:09
Maybe they have been Jettisoned out of the industry?
Write this number down - 1800JetGoooooone.

Ascend Charlie
28th Jul 2012, 23:24
Hard to believe how many FIGJAMS are on this thread, claiming to be experts in the field and knowing more about JetGo's business than they do themselves.:yuk:

Worrals in the wilds
29th Jul 2012, 05:34
The aircraft is still flying in and out of Brisbane, so presumably someone is still answering the phone...

TWOTBAGS
29th Jul 2012, 08:46
Some could say the writing was on the wall, others would say its actually on the ground.....:E

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z96/redlum5x5/IMG_0257b.jpg

Copythisnumberdown
29th Jul 2012, 12:27
Calling up looking for a job were you spike, or were you just doing a few 'ghost calls' to fill in your day.

Phones work just fine when I need to call them... :D

flying-spike
29th Jul 2012, 20:57
As I have said before but for your sake I will repeat it. I am not looking for a job with JetGo or anywhere for that matter.

As for the phones working when you need to call them, is that to follow up on a recent invoice?

You fancy yourself as somewhat of a wit but clearly you are only half way there.
When you or JetGo management post with tangible evidence of the success of this venture then the naysayer's curiosity will be satisfied. Not that you or he have to do that, but it should put a stop to the speculation.

I hope for all the people that are involved that it is a success but for overnight experts, like you, who on this forum so unprofessionally gloat about how much money you can drag out of the operator, I couldn't care less.

Cactusjack
30th Jul 2012, 12:31
As I have said before but for your sake I will repeat it. I am not looking for a job with JetGo or anywhere for that matter.
C'mon Spike, you know you really want the job, you even 'copied his number down' - 1800plop!
Seriously, you aren't looking for a job? There are many robust operators in the land of AUS looking for Drivers (or are you a Gingerbeer?). Or are you a Consultant perhaps?? You are certainly stirring up the JetGo employee's!!

flying-spike
30th Jul 2012, 21:37
No, neither consultant, engineer nor pilot any more, just an interested observer hoping that I will not witness another start-up emulating a slow motion train wreck.

Perhaps if our dimwitted safety consultant friend Copy this-whatever put as much energy into providing some tangible evidence of JetGo's success as he does in his feeble attempts at denigrating the rest of us on this thread, then this thread might die a natural death. However, if he continues the way he is going, mindlessly spitting out vitriol without substantiating his claims of JetGo's success, we will continue to respond and seek the reassurance he still fails to provide.

I would also suggest that JetGo Management wishes that he didn't have to post on this forum to fill they gaping holes in information that their $20K consultant leaves.

At least JetGo management appears to understand that the interest shown on this thread is genuine and that the majority of us would love to see them prosper.

gobbledock
31st Jul 2012, 11:20
Spiked and Cacti, time to seprate..ding ding the bell has rung, rest time!

Spike - Consultants play an integral role in aviation. They provide robsut consultation, fill a void where safety expertise is lacking, 'they share, deliver and spread best practise' and they provide a plethora of safety knowledge and aviation experience to those in need of a 'mentor'. They share wisdom, vision and experience, and are usually 'fonts of aviation knowledge' and they impart learning lessons that are really priceless in value and quality. Their modest fee's barely reflect the actual true value and priceless experience they impart to the industry... A toast to Consultants:ok:

Worrals in the wilds
31st Jul 2012, 12:57
And bugger off real quick when the chips are down, there's a splatter on the pavement and the lawyers are circling...
Smart. Second the toast. :E:}

GADRIVR
31st Jul 2012, 13:12
I've been watching this thread with interest. Why the bad vibes man!? (to quote Donald Sutherland) the aircraft are here and flying.....why throw **** at them?!?!
It's more work for everybody insofar as I can see.
(Just for the record I'm a competitor) but I don't see the sense or logic in a lot of the posts here unless one factors in just plain meanness of spirit and good old fashioned jealously from a few competitors!
Their pricing is very good (love mystery shoppers) compared to turbo props from around 250-300 nms and out, I suppose they have availability based on what I see on Flightaware and they seemed to achieved what they set out to do originally (nicked a customer off that half ring circus REX!

What more do they need to do to make our Pprune resident experts happy?!?!:ugh:
Ah well....love this industry!

Copythisnumberdown
3rd Aug 2012, 04:40
DAILY TELEGRAPH 3.8 P11 CHALLENGE TO REX BUSH RULE

Regional airline Rex is set to lose its monopoly servicing NSW country communities. A group of Australian investors is about to launch a bold plan to set up an airline to go into direct competition with Rex in rural NSW. The Griffith to Melbourne route, abandoned by Rex on July 1, will be the first new route if the group is given the green light by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority. Broken Hill, Dubbo, Orange, Albury and Mildura in Victoria are mooted as other destinations for the new carrier. Challenge to Rex's bush rule | thetelegraph.com.au (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/challenge-to-rexs-bush-rule/story-e6freuy9-1226441793235)

flying-spike
3rd Aug 2012, 05:19
That is good news if it is JetGo but I am a little confused as why they aren't mentioned in the article but you are breaking the news on this forum. Anyway, I hope they do well.

gobbledock
3rd Aug 2012, 10:58
if the group is given the green light by the Civil Aviation Safety AuthorityThats the real question.......

Perhaps it should be 'Copy the Daily Telegraphs number down'?

GADRIVR
3rd Aug 2012, 13:42
My gut feeling is that Copythisnumberdown may have an interest in the Griffith things above....and if it is who I think it is.......geez.....JetGo......what the **** are you lot thinking!?!?!?

Horatio Leafblower
3rd Aug 2012, 17:05
You guys have short memories - do you not remember a mob advertising on AFAP 12-18 months ago for pilots for a new regional airline that was going to take on the world?

Twas discussed on PPRuNe HERE (http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/436354-new-se-aust-airline.html) and HERE (http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/435679-new-aussie-airline.html)

wateroff
4th Aug 2012, 08:00
Something similar was looked at a couple of years back using blue and white E145's................... maybe something in it, maybe. Good luck to anyone creating flying.

THE ORACLE
5th Aug 2012, 00:06
Let's wait and see, shall we!!

SkyAirWorld also hailed from the banana state and started out as a resources charter company, albeit with a more cost effective ERJ than the EMB 135/145 and then (presumably due to the revenue shortfall) expanded into RPT. As a consequence and in an impressively short time frame they spectacularly showed the industry what can be done with a "big fortune".

I seem to recall reading in a recent JetGo press release from either messrs JR or RG that as a charter airline they only flew when the aircraft costs were covered by the client's fixed price.

Publishing an RPT schedule and hoping sufficient passengers book to firstly cover costs and then hopefully turn a profit is a very different proposition. Perhaps this is why Aeropelican/Brindabella after very recently announcing their alliance/merger, then informed the market/industry of their RPT rationalisation in order to provide more turboprop resources to service an increased demand for charter capacity.

Time will tell of course whether there is any substance to JetGo being associated with this rumour!

The Oracle

Barry Mundy
10th Aug 2012, 22:11
Any word on the second aircraft yet or has that been deferred?

Cactusjack
14th Aug 2012, 09:34
Any word on the second aircraft yet or has that been deferred?
I have a mate who is well positioned within Rio. Big plans underway to start closing some mines and making staff redundant. It won't be formal for a few months yet. They have already announced that Blair Athol is to close by years end. Perhaps JetGo won't need a second aircraft?

With China officially slowing down the inevitable writing is on the wall for some parts of the mining industry.

hiwaytohell
14th Aug 2012, 10:35
Ok Cactus, spill the beans. What insight do you have you are not sharing?

Horatio Leafblower
14th Aug 2012, 11:24
Queensland and, to a lesser extent, NSW are both predominantly coal exporters.

The slowdown in China means less steaming coal but more significantly, it means less steel production so less premium coking coal, softer prices etc.

Coal prices have dropped massively from their peak.

Marginal pits that looked ok at $140/tonne are looking decidedly shakey at $70/tonne.

I think Cactus Jack has shared his "secret" insight and it's the same thing Alan Kohler and several other economic commentators have been saying for about 12 months.

The Boom's over, everyone can go back to sleep for 3-4 years :zzz:

hiwaytohell
14th Aug 2012, 23:55
I get a sense from the series of posts by cactus there is more to it than the price of coal? Is there some insight or something personal???

pull-up-terrain
15th Aug 2012, 03:42
I have a mate who is well positioned within Rio. Big plans underway to start closing some mines and making staff redundant. It won't be formal for a few months yet. They have already announced that Blair Athol is to close by years end. Perhaps JetGo won't need a second aircraft?

With China officially slowing down the inevitable writing is on the wall for some parts of the mining industry.

Not only Rio, i know that Xstrata, Anglo American and Peabody have been pre-warning contractors that there is a high possibility they will not be renewing contracts because they are downsizing their mine sites.

pull-up-terrain
15th Aug 2012, 03:47
Global Anglo-Australian mining giant Rio Tinto PLC will be conducting a manpower downsizing at its Clermont mine in Queensland, Australia, set off by a double whammy rising domestic costs and continued lower world prices in the Asian market.

"A review is underway and although the details are to be worked out, it will unfortunately mean redundancies will be required," a spokesman for Rio Tinto PLC said in an emailed statement. "We do not take this decision lightly."

It is still not clear however how many posts and what specific posts will be affected by the job cuts.

Newly opened in 2010, Clermont mine is the supposed intended replacement for the Blair Athol thermal coal mine. The latter is programmed to close in 2013.

Supposed production expectations from Clermont mine was as much as 12.2 million metric tons of coal a year. It currently has more than more than 770 workers.

Increased coal exports from the U.S. have largely affected prices of thermal coal in the world market, tumbling from $115 a tonne last year to just over $83 a tonne at present. Supply has also been affected by China's lowering appetite spurred by its imposed slowed down economy.

Rio Tinto PLC's coal division said it had to look ways to continue and ensure business stability since they also have to contend with new taxes, as well as mounting fuel and equipment bills.

The Rio Tinto PLC spokesman likewise did not elaborate if the review recommended slashing jobs might at the company's other mines.

The Anglo-Australian miner's thermal coal output in the first six months of the year has registered at 8.91 million tonnes, up 2 per cent from a year ago.

TWOTBAGS
19th Sep 2012, 06:09
Well look at that,

Wow an all white unmarked aircraft with an unknown rego in a hanger on the other side of the globe. Yep must be theirs.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z96/redlum5x5/IMG-20120917-00009_zps10179f16.jpg

Care to take bets on this unmarked 135 about to arrive in October.

Oh and this one due to show early next year......

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z96/redlum5x5/photo_zps38abe335.jpg

Nahhh didn't think you would:E

Barry Mundy
20th Sep 2012, 01:28
Well Two Bags

are you still recruiting?

Jetgo Management
20th Sep 2012, 06:05
* Direct entry Rated Captain's
* First officers preference to type rated
*Flight attendants
*Compliance Manager
*Office admin

Email to [email protected]

The Turkey Slapper
20th Sep 2012, 11:17
Jetgo management
I have some questions, what is the salary paid to a direct entry FO and Capt with your company ?

Who pays for the endorsement if not type rated (Jetgo or the Pilot) ? or does Jetgo bond their pilots.

And what is the exacting criteria of the regulator and your client ?
Please feel free to PM

The T S

Aussie
20th Sep 2012, 12:23
You should really check Your inbox and reply if You would like rated and exp. guys to join in the future ;)

Turkey Slapper... Check ya PMs :)

Typhoon650
21st Sep 2012, 22:37
Yes, the China resource boom is over. Now, if we had a government with foresight (like the one that chased China as a market for our resources), they would be actively wining and dining India, as they are the next expanding nation as far as manufacturing goes.
Instead, we have a government that is too busy trying to feel popular and stab each other in the back at any opportunity. Oh, and continuously congratulating themselves that they single handedly prevented Australia from being caught up in the recession, which they didn't achieve, they merely delayed it using income from exports that the previous government put in place.
Good luck Jetgo, keep at it!

Barry Mundy
21st Sep 2012, 23:31
JetGo Managements

If possible could you also PM me re answers to Turkey's questions;

I would appreciate it.

Jetgo Management
22nd Sep 2012, 09:27
Hello All. To answer all,

Unfortunately we are unable to divulge packages and conditions of positions within the company over the prune network. We thank both type rated and unrated applicants that have applied for positions, some of which were and some of which were not succesful. As we are expanding the fleet through 2013 substantially both with E135's and E145's we will always be looking for talented people both in the air and on the ground. As with any job however, just because you are type rated, doesnt guarantee you a position...For those that have been interviewed in the past and by now have not heard back officially with an offer, we thank you for meeting with us and by all means keep your hat in the ring by trying again in 6 months.

As the forum comments have remarked, both good and bad, Jetgo is a new contender in the market operating a new type to Australia, and as such have high requirements for time on type. We wish we could offer type endoresments to everyone, but the reality will be 1 in 3 to keep the experience on the line.

Jetgo as of October are moving our corporate offices from Sydney to Brisbane and effective October will be operating from our brand new corporate premisis at 5 Grevillia Place Brisbane Airport. Our doors are always welcome for people to drop in and meet us, the coffee is always on, or as always, we invite CVs to be emailed to [email protected] or by fax to 02 8088 4791

We are grateful at Jetgo for the positive responses and well wishes both by email and PM's off the forum, essentially we are a family orientated company grateful to be offering opportunties to the industry. :ok: