PDA

View Full Version : EASA FTO

lenswings
11th May 2012, 07:44
Thinnking of registering as an FTO-just one instructor for ppl,s or lapls
Has anyone read and understood the Guidance Material on Acceptable Means of Compliance to Part-ORA.
Surly this going well over the top so what do EASA want.
Is anyone trying to comply as I think it will take to 2015 to write it all.
Another club I am with has been operating for successfully for over 80 years so what difference will this shed load of manuals make.

Aware
11th May 2012, 08:17
I think you may have missed the deadline for RTF, of which the fee was £100.00. You then could have traded up to 2015 as an RTF. However I believe the fee is now £1000.00 just to make the application.

I was considering this myself, but feel under EASA it may be difficult to run a one man operation. I have taken the view that going forward far better to have more protection with a (FTO)ATO so I recently attached myself to one.

Whopity
11th May 2012, 09:19
There is not a lot to writing an OPS Manual, its only another name for a FOB. The Training Manual is quite straight forward so its only the SMS you have to worry about. So long as you have one man meetings every day, have a suitable system of self spanking when it all goes wrong then you are there. The CAA have a check list so you can self assess, then its pay the money, and this is where the CAA could have displayed a little imagination! Approval for the cost of an RF for the first year, that would have encouraged people to get it sorted out in good time rather than everyone wait until 7th April 2015.