PDA

View Full Version : EASA FCL - SFI(A)

nick14
8th May 2012, 11:38
Afternoon all,

I am just reading through EASA part FCL Subpart J, and in particular the restrictions of an SFI(A) for MPA.

I am having difficulty in determining whether I am restricted by simulator type AND aircraft type, or just aircraft type?

"The privileges of the SFI shall be restricted to the FTD 2/3 or FFS of the aircraft type in which the SFI training course was taken."

"The privileges may be extended to other FSTDs representing further types of the same category of aircraft when the holder has:"

Anyone shed some light on the above?

Thanks

nick14
9th May 2012, 16:36
Also if anyone has any idea on ATO's that can point me in the direction of a document. I was asked today whether our TRTO will become an ATO? Im unsure whether an FTO, or TRTO was a JAR thing and under EASA they become ATO's?

ifitaintboeing
9th May 2012, 22:16
There's some information about TRTOs becoming ATOs here:

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-7AE19B95CB229A2FDBD25F66C051D923/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/AIC/W/024-2012/EG_Circ_2012_W_024_en_2012-03-22.pdf

Organisations holding valid JAR-FCL approvals as FTOs or TRTOs on 8 April 2012 will be deemed to be ‘Approved Training Organisations’ under the new Regulation on that date, and the courses that are approved under JAR-FCL will similarly be deemed to be approved under the new Regulation - but in both cases for 2 years only. Organisations approved under JAR-FCL, and the courses they provide, must be fully compliant with the new Regulation by 8 April 2014 at the latest.

HTH

ifitaint...

nick14
10th May 2012, 08:04
Ah that's perfect thanks for that!