PDA

View Full Version : Post MX test flights out of LTN

I.R.PIRATE
3rd May 2012, 17:41
Hi folks - does anybody perhaps have any good tips on how and where to go about performing a test flight out of Luton.

Is there a specific area designated for upper air work that needs to be filed for, or do they just vector you into an open piece of airspace.

Thanks for the help
IRP

Sandstone Cowboy
3rd May 2012, 18:36
you have pm

ewe.lander
3rd May 2012, 18:40
Try for climb into Airway free area of East Anglia, co-ordinated with London Mil.......Luton FBO's (well Signature could) can help you with Flight Plan requirements if you are not familiar?

Jackdaw
3rd May 2012, 18:48
Exactly what ewe.lander said.
Normally speak with London Mil on phone before launch and advise levels you require etc and for how long. They will then advise possible conflicts that may prevent your desired levels; though in my experience they are most helpful in fully satisfying your requirements :)

I.R.PIRATE
3rd May 2012, 19:26
Thanks for that folks - exactly what I needed.

Enjoy the weekend.

dc9-32
4th May 2012, 05:13
To head into MIL airspace, a form needs to be completed and submitted along with FPL requirements.

PM me if you need assistance.

Tony Mabelis
4th May 2012, 15:47
Dont route over Vauxhall's production car parking lot, like someone did many years ago, he had a big Skydrol leak and paint stripped half of the weeks production!
Tony

pabely
4th May 2012, 16:55
And a few Vauxhall employees did a DIY job hoping to get a new car respray FOC, they forgot that a quick test showed what was valid contamination and what was not :eek:

I.R.PIRATE
4th May 2012, 17:49
Lol....noted.

Trim Stab
4th May 2012, 17:53
If you are heading out over East Anglia MTA you might want to volunteer as an interception target!

B200Drvr
5th May 2012, 03:38
Trim stab, You have to be careful mentioning things like that to I.R.PIRATE, he gets turned on by such things!!