PDA

View Full Version : Pheonix Rising...

VH-Cheer Up
1st May 2012, 04:33
In the business section of The Age today there's an advertisement with a picture of a B787 in what looks like the old Ansett livery... The Headline is "Pheonix Rising" or words to that effect.

http://ansettairlines.com.au/ansett-plane.jpg

There's a web address Ansett Airlines Australia (http://ansettairlines.com.au/) but when you go there there's just a capture form to give them your name and email address.

Seems a month late for April Fools, anyone have any ideas what it's all about?

teresa green
1st May 2012, 07:33
If only. Would give a bloke some hope.

tail wheel
1st May 2012, 07:46
Name: ANSETT AIRLINES OF AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
ACN: 152 068 963
Registration date: 25/07/2011
Next review date: 25/07/2012

Company Type: Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Locality of registered office: Cheltenham VIC 3192
Regulator: Australian Securities & Investments Commission

Normasars
1st May 2012, 08:52
What do you mean TG?

JQ is just AN in disguise.

And last time I checked, nearly all of QF Executive management is ex AN.

The AN tentacles cover more now than they ever did.

Cheers

MASTEMA
1st May 2012, 08:59
Phoenix :ok:

FlareHighLandLong
1st May 2012, 09:57
Was chatting with a mate today about the 787.

I suggested they may be q or j colours, but probably a different pilot group entirely. Why not 'team ansett pilots for qantas' or similar drivel?

TBM-Legend
1st May 2012, 10:32
Terry Byrt??????

Ollie Onion
1st May 2012, 11:08
Here is what is going to happen. A certain Jetstar MFO has been appointed chief pilot of Qantas link. Within a short amount of time which will coincide with Jetstar EBA renewal Qantaslink pilots will be given the great opportunity to crew a new fleet of jets to operate domestic and medium haul routes. These aircraft will be some 787's sourced from Qantas and branded as Ansett Australia. In return for the opportunity to fly these jets the positions will be offered on the current wages which will then undercut the current Jetstar EBA and Qantas will expand this pilot group at will to fly aircraft from ALL group companies. :eek:

gobbledock
1st May 2012, 11:38
Can't wait. I miss Big Trev and his uncontrolled outbursts.
Maybe Toomey can pull the pin on his CEO role with APNG and also head up 'Team Lazarus'?

rmcdonal
1st May 2012, 12:45
these jets the positions will be offered on the current wages
QLink already has single aisle jets in both Sunstate and Eastern EBAs, but other than that it seems plausible.

Al E. Vator
1st May 2012, 22:47
Cheltenham is hardly the epicenter of the business world!

However it is very close to Moorabbin Airport......

1/4 page "ad" in The Age can't be cheap though!

caneworm
2nd May 2012, 01:57
Idea not flying yet
DON'T count on the resurrection of Ansett any day soon.
Peter Schooling, the boss of Melbourne advertising company Bravo Tango Bravo, created a mild stir in aviation circles yesterday when he placed an ad in The Age featuring the slogan ''The Phoenix?'' above a shot of a passenger jet emblazoned with ''Ansett Airlines of Australia''.
The blogger and part-time plane-spotter, who registered the Ansett trademark six months ago, admitted he wanted the ad to be a ''bit of a teaser to see what might come out of the woodwork''.
''I placed the ad as a fishing expedition to see what was out there. If you don't shake a tree to see what comes out of it you will never know,'' he said. ''My staff have already told me that 'you wouldn't believe the number of emails coming in from people that wanted to see Ansett come back into the skies'.''
But he admitted that as of yesterday Ansett Airlines was still nothing more than a trademark.

Peter Schooling, ur a knob

FoxtrotAlpha18
2nd May 2012, 02:56
That's not a 787...it's a 7E7...

Al E. Vator
2nd May 2012, 09:20
Yes - if that's what happened it's a bit cruel.

Many people's livelihoods were cut short when Ansett collapsed and couldn't find similar employment elsewhere.

To run "a bit of a tease" ad to see what unfortunate people may respond to it is firstly just dumb but secondly cruel.

Unless there's some alternate motive, how about using that advertising money more wisely?

ButFli
2nd May 2012, 12:59
As far as trolling goes, this one is pretty good. Just sayin.

VH-Cheer Up
3rd May 2012, 06:47
I certainly didn't intend to troll... I saw the ad and wanted to know if anyone knew anything, that's all.

Turns out it seems to be a bit of a pointless prank.

Which justifies my "April Fools" observation.

Captain Dart
3rd May 2012, 08:00
I think ButFli was referring to the newspaper ad itself as 'trolling'. That, or it was a late April Fool's joke.

For many of its pilots, Ansett died in 'that year', asset-stripped, too many aircraft types, then shut down during an industrial dispute which was exacerbated and prolonged after intervention by a fool of a prime minister.

Brain-dead, it remained zombie-like for a bit over a decade until the putrid corpse was finally laid to rest, some of its remaining organs transplanted into the QANTAS Group.

A sad end for what should have been, if managed properly, Australia's premier airline and de facto flag carrier.

ButFli
5th May 2012, 05:14
Yeah sorry I was referring to the newspaper ad. I'm not accusing anyone in this thread of trolling.