PDA

View Full Version : EGFF SIDS

wycliffe
28th Apr 2012, 17:58
Hi All

Just looking for some clarification. Some years back the ALVIN SIDS out of EGFF where suspended, mostly due to signal strength. Having looked at the NATS charts it would appear thatthe ALVIN1bB SID is still in use, can anyone confirm this or is it simply NATS being lazy and not removing the chart from the data base.

Wycliffe

arthur j negus esq
28th Apr 2012, 20:10
The Alvin 1B is not in use, I don't know why it is still in the aip.

Sky blue and black
29th Apr 2012, 16:27
It's not Nats being lazy, it's Cardiff who must inform Nats that they no longer require the Sid. Once they have done that then it will be removed from the AIP.

Andy Mayes
30th Apr 2012, 07:37
It's not Nats being lazy, it's Cardiff who must inform Nats that they no longer require the Sid. Once they have done that then it will be removed from the AIP.

Who has the ATC contract at EGFF?

The Rusty Sheriff
30th Apr 2012, 08:12
NATS provide the ATC contract at Cardiff.

wycliffe
30th Apr 2012, 08:56
Thanks for the responses and comments.

Question asked and fully answered.

Wycliffe

Avoiding_Action
30th Apr 2012, 16:00
While NATS provide the ATC contract at cardiff the SID is the property of the airport authority.

Gonzo
30th Apr 2012, 17:04
There are very valid reasons why a SID might not normally be used but still kept on the books.

Least of all it gives the option to use it again!

ZOOKER
30th Apr 2012, 19:52
So if the aerodrome authority provide ATC at the airport, such as EGNX, EGNM, EGNV, et al, who 'owns' the SIDS there then?
Surely SIDS are partially owned by the farmers, residents and other 'interested stake-holders' over whose farms, properties and businesses the SID passes? :E
Oh, sorry forgot The National Trust. - I'll get my coat. :}