PDA

View Full Version : QROPS Providers

ZFT
15th Apr 2012, 23:10
Mods,

Please feel free to move this if this is the incorrect forum.

Has anyone any recent experiences and recommendations for a QROPS provider? I’ve spent the last 12 months researching this and (I believe) I have filtered out the good from not so good and now have a short list, but it is a minefield.

I am aware of the recent (6th April 2012) HMRC changes and am still digesting the implications of those.

I do qualify (13+ consecutive years as a UK non res this time) and am now within 4 – 6 months of taking the final plunge.

I have also confirmed that my pension scheme has already previously QROPSed another member.

Any experiences, good and bad would be most welcome.

Thanks

BANANASBANANAS
16th Apr 2012, 01:06
I am using the Concept Group in Guernsey via an IFA in Spain. Been with them just over a year. Concept group are fine. Jury still out on the IFA - wouldn't be fair to publish his details at this stage but I am thinking about a change.

Fund value has just about held its own in difficult market conditions. Charges from IFA are 1% of fund value pa plus a couple of admin charges.

ZFT
4th May 2012, 21:33
Sorry, I missed your response. Thanks for the input.

Nightstop
5th May 2012, 11:27
BananasBananas, your Concept Group (Guernsey) has been removed from the HMRC register of approved QROPS. I suggest you look at their website for further info. Good luck....

Count4
18th Aug 2012, 15:17
I understand that when you retire and if you have been non resident more than 5 years you can have 100% of your fund in cash (not just 30%). Is that right?