PDA

View Full Version : Direct Entry Pilots for KQ

Pages : 1 [2]

Munjus
22nd May 2017, 12:28
Thanks mate and good looking out. Tell us about the flight test how was it ?

Female Capi
29th May 2017, 05:56
Thanks for the feedback they really help those who are waiting on this opportunity. Praying keeps things grounded the waiting can be tense.

Rumor has it there's a second intake/wave for the psychometric/aptitude tests for those who applied anyone else heard this rumor?

Again lets keep updating each other really really helps.

Deltasaf
29th May 2017, 09:19
Well, I haven't received an invite for the Aptitude test yet. And yeah, if anyone has wind of this 2nd intake would be of great help!

254HEAVY
1st Jun 2017, 08:22
in the past the second intake has always been June/July. Not sure with the current boss (HR) if they gona change it.

254HEAVY
7th Jun 2017, 08:22
So they have now hired an aspiring politician as the new HR Director! its gets better....Ex Magadi Executive! At least GOK is doing it's part and kudos to Treasury secretary coz that's a bold move swapping loans for equity!

Female Capi
12th Jun 2017, 06:16
Hopefully he will improve the current HR policies especially in Staff Welfare and fair recruitment process.
Being neutral (assuming) he should not allow clouding judgement and 'who you know' type of job placements which has hunted KQ in the past with under qualified personnel filling top positions with zero performance (not directed towards anyone in particular).
So he is under alot of scrutiny, hopeful for a good turnaround in that department (among others).

Munjus
19th Jun 2017, 17:29
What happened to all the guys who were just taken ??How many were you that sailed through?

benalwa
28th Jun 2017, 14:16
Munjus
Nine guys went in for the orals on the 12th of june. They havent heard from KQ as yet but I gather KQ is in the process of contacting their referees.
There is another lot (8persons)that did the sim on the 8th and they havent yet heard from KQ. We are talking of 17 active applications but I am sure more will be eliminated.
I will be happy to answer any other question.

GoldenEagle17
29th Jun 2017, 10:12
Benalwa

Thanks for the update (17 Active). Guess they'll process the 2nd intake once they are done with processing this group.

New management settling in and Election jitters really don't help prediction of 2nd intake email. Anyone with info on the delay since advert closing date (3rd May) would be most helpful. :) Thanks

254HEAVY
29th Jun 2017, 10:43
Munjus
We are talking of 17 active applications but I am sure more will be eliminated.

Why more eliminated yet pilot numbers are very low (on narrow bodies) and soon to reduce more as there is a group currently doing their 787 training to move from 737. Don't forget the usual middle east departures and JJ pilots coming from KQ.

benalwa
30th Jun 2017, 07:28
254 heavy,
All I can say is that the recruitment process was above board and I cant take that away from them.
I think they were just unwilling to compromise on standards for numbers.

Guys were eliminated on a myriad number of reasons. There is an email that came to my buddy saying he couldn't handle asymmetrical flight in the SIM. But most guys were cut of at the psychometric level.
The medicals, it was BMI for a number of guys and drug related issues. So you want to hit the gym real quick if you know you are out of sorts with BMI

But this is good news for all the guys waiting for the second intake for as 254 heavy says, they still need numbers. So take heart guys.

Munjus
4th Jul 2017, 10:50
Benalwa

Thanks for the update mate..kind regards.

benalwa
26th Jul 2017, 22:46
I gather Kenya airways invited some schools from wilson over on Tuesday this week to discuss standards of training. They are indeed in need and they are keen on hiring local talent. The next intake is in the next two months; no specific date was mentioned though.
Just a heads up to all the folks on the waiting list.

Munjus
30th Jul 2017, 12:31
@benalwa thanks for keeping guys posted we need more people like you. Were you successful?

Female Capi
3rd Aug 2017, 08:08
The forum in my opinion was a terms and condition one.
Terms are too stiff, though they expressed that they are looking to improve some based on feedback received (esp considering degree education), that change however, won't happen as soon.
The forum overall was very informative, a good step for KQ towards offering local recruits a chance to dispel 'myths' as they said, and for those still in training on area to improve (if the outcome is to work for the carrier).
For those who didn't make it, they plan for more forums, so lets keep each other posted when dates circulate.

benalwa
17th Aug 2017, 18:11
Just a heads up. The direct entry portal in now active for new applicants.

Njegena
18th Aug 2017, 06:09
Hi @benalwa. Do the guys who had applied around mid this year need to reapply? And any news on possible dates?

254HEAVY
20th Aug 2017, 08:48
More likely after the current recruitment, training will be swift if the new hires can keep up. There are a few of E190 FO's pilots now who are meant to have transitioned to 737 almost like a year ago but haven't due to shortages in E190 FO's and vise vasa 737 to 787! and 787 FO's becoming junior Captain's on E190 (Assuming they wouldn't depart to ME in less than 6 months)

Also someone tells me they have increased the bonding money on TR.

Female Capi
21st Aug 2017, 07:55
@Njegena No (read more from the Direct Entry Pilot Application Procedures).

@254Heavy thank you for the feedback

benalwa
21st Aug 2017, 13:14
Hi @benalwa. Do the guys who had applied around mid this year need to reapply? And any news on possible dates?

Hey njegena.
I got no idea about dates, sorry. I also think so long as you had your application in earlier then you need not re apply..

Munjus
23rd Aug 2017, 04:19
Thanks for the information guys and God's speed.

benalwa
24th Aug 2017, 06:16
Anybody out there with info in regards to this. I understand they were paying for anything above 60 hours.. Is this true and if so has this changed in the new agreement? (Just imagine JJ pays from 0 hours)
@254 heavy. Thanks for the info, about the type rating they say you now have to work for three years before you quit KQ, otherwise you re imburse the money pro rata..

RoyHudd
27th Aug 2017, 22:54
Why hire "local" guys? Surely it is better to prefer the "better" guys....if locals are not as good, reject them..

Pilot Breezy
27th Aug 2017, 23:54
Care to explain who are the "better" guys? Coz my understanding is that Kenya Trained Pilots are exceptional good and their license is equally acceptable globally!

K.A DE and Ab-Initio programs are very competitive and the only reject any KENYAN and NOT "local" gets is because other KENYAN candidate was better than them!

LADAN 2ALPHA
28th Aug 2017, 09:36
Why hire "local" guys? Surely it is better to prefer the "better" guys....if locals are not as good, reject them..
Alright, what exactly do you mean by "better"?
I take it from your comment you pro'lly feel the "locals" being hired are not as good? I've gone through the process successfully and I'll tell you one thing, even though I've been an A student through out my school life, the kind of competition I experienced through out the recruitment process is one that left me humbled. Majority of the people you consider "better" wouldn't get half way through it.
Are some of the stages in Kenya Airways' recruitment process really necessary? Question for another forum but what I can guarantee you, anyone who passes through them and comes out on the other side successfully is way way above average. I have a new found respect for anyone who flies for KQ.:D
With a little research I'm sure such ignorance wouldn't be displayed. But what do I know? I'm just a local...:rolleyes:

benalwa
28th Aug 2017, 15:38

Mostly condescending people have acute, un reedemable self esteem issues that tend to move them to seek constant self validation from an outside environ like a forum or something..they got nothing within. Please guys lets help a brother out. Give him as many replies as possible, it will treat his malady. And hopefuly he walks away quitely to some political forum after satisfaction.

Deltasaf
11th Sep 2017, 12:14
Hi guys,
I got my Aptitude Test invite on Friday for the 14th, this coming Thursday. Anyone else?

Female Capi
12th Sep 2017, 09:14
Hello,
A pal was called for the same, same date. Good luck to those who have been contacted.

The rest of us waiting for the email, any feedback on what to read on (esp general science) as we optimistically prepare.

Deltasaf
14th Sep 2017, 15:34
Evening People, the first day was just pretty much okay except for the time factor. Too many questions, no time to reevaluate your answers😂. Mechanical reasoning, Shape matching and Instrumentation were straight forward. What I recall from General science is effects of alkali on neutral litmus solution, the polarity of the poles when a bar magnet is cut in half, end product when you decompose Ammonium Nitrate (Nitrogen oxide+water), a question to calculate resistance (V=IR), name the electrolyte in a Danielle cell, reflection of light from a plane glass with a silver coating at the back, a drawing on refraction: choosing the correct refracted ray from about 4 or 5 rays. We were quite a number before HR went through our documents. A few guys didn't go past this because of either the mean grade, or a single grade in Maths, Physics, English, or cuz one didn't carry their Gas T or Perf A. A few more didn't make it through when it came to height. It was a bit disheartening. Finally, only 29 got to sit for the Aptitude Test today. That's just about it!!!!

GoldenEagle17
27th Sep 2017, 04:56
@Deltasaf Congratulations on Aptitude. We're guys called for psychometrics on 25th Sept. Any idea on numbers ?

@Femalecapi Hope they review the height requirement, it's not supported by any aircraft manufacturer and their are Captains in KQ 5ft 3" and shorter as long as you joined before 2010.

Deltasaf
28th Sep 2017, 10:05
@GoldenEagle17..... Yeah, Psychometric happened on 25th. 29 still was the number. We were supposed to be 31 but there was an issue with 2 guys.

Njegena
3rd Oct 2017, 04:47
Hey guys... Anyone got called for psychomotor?

Female Capi
3rd Oct 2017, 06:09
Psycho happened by now I know some got news on the results. Sadly some of us didn't make it but will re-apply.
How long does someone have to wait to re-apply is it 6mnths or 2 years?

What happened to the first group of direct entries where have the ones who have been successful reached?

benalwa
3rd Oct 2017, 09:55
Its a one year wait from that day you stepped in for aptitude. We had this discussion with HR. They also say don't try to go around the rules like changing your name or creating a new account using your passport then make an application. This only leads to you being blacklisted and that will be it for you.

About the first group, 2 guys have done the JOC, 2 are still on ground school and 4 are yet to sign the contract although they got congragulatory emails.

Njegena
4th Oct 2017, 05:06
Hi @benalwa. Thanks a lot for the info. If you know, what's the cut off point at the psychometric stage because it seems to be chucking a lot of people.

Female Capi
4th Oct 2017, 07:46
@benalwa
Noted thank you for the feedback and information. Congrats to those who made it and those in waiting.

benalwa
4th Oct 2017, 22:57
Hi @benalwa. Thanks a lot for the info. If you know, what's the cut off point at the psychometric stage because it seems to be chucking a lot of people.

Sorry Njengena. I got no idea

Njegena
19th Oct 2017, 10:20
Hey guys, any news from the psychomotor test ya juzi?

Njegena
30th Nov 2017, 13:36
Guys....how many people made it from the Sep group. Just an update if anyone knows something.

Magnate
16th Dec 2017, 15:00
As you continue with the interviews get time to practice your basic IFR skills - that is what is failing some of you in the 737 SIM. Stuff like tracking NDBs, hold entries, rate one turns and such, and crosswind corrections. And guys don't be tensed. Be gentle on the controls and be ahead of the aircraft.
Hope to see you online next year.

GoldenEagle17
31st Dec 2017, 16:09
@Magnate

Thanks for the tip.... we look forward to a favorable 2018 interview set and blue skies for KQ.👍

Dimbaza
31st Jan 2018, 01:43
Massive recruitment on the way as a result of impending US Ops as well as expansion, ladies and gents time to dust your CVs and hone those skills, your country needs you. If the numbers fail to tally you are in danger of losing 'your slots' to Expatriates, not good for the local economy. All the best.

Female Capi
2nd Feb 2018, 08:15
Much appreciated feedback @dimbaza thanks

kiloalphamike
14th Feb 2018, 08:28
Hi guys i have read this thread from the first page to the last but i'm looking to start flight school soon . But i am seeing all this terms that are required by KA such as Gas T or Perf A which seem like licences or documents that i dont see in all the PPL,CPL,ME and IR courses . are these additional licenses or exam papers. And if they are how do you get them? I know Gas T is gas turbine but how do you get a license on gas turbine? Any help would be appreciated.

Ghost_Rider737
14th Feb 2018, 12:16
Kenya Airways Pilot recruitment section are ex NASA employees with highly specialized degrees.

Their recruitment policies are reflected in their "excellent" safety record.

kibz2005
16th Feb 2018, 06:48
kiloalphamike

Gas Turbines and Performance Class A are exams that you need to do to fly high performance aircraft. They are exams that you can book at KCAA once you have done attained your CPL.

Neshsko
22nd Feb 2018, 03:33
It’s February & haven’t invited guys for interviews! Are they still on or they hired guys undercover

Female Capi
22nd Feb 2018, 08:08
Hi Guys anyone know/hear when KQ will post direct job again? Some of us are eager for round 2.
Jambo has new route where do they post flight crew jobs? Their site has zero activity for new hires or they pick from KQ pool?

Munjus
26th Feb 2018, 10:06
It’s February & haven’t invited guys for interviews! Are they still on or they hired guys undercover

Well from internal sources they are finishing with the guys who started interview process in September by 5th of March and those waiting for next round should hear from kq any time from 21st of March.

benalwa
21st Mar 2018, 10:40
Good news guys. Those who failed on the last recrutment phase are to be re-called, from whichever stage you were eliminated at. The process starts on 29th March to run through 20th April. This time it is compressed, not like last time they were taking a month to call you for the next step of the interview process. I wish you all the best guys. Be checking your emails.

Njegena
21st Mar 2018, 13:58
Good news guys. Those who failed on the last recrutment phase are to be re-called, from whichever stage you were eliminated at. The process starts on 29th March to run through 20th April. This time it is compressed, not like last time they were taking a month to call you for the next step of the interview process. I wish you all the best guys. Be checking your emails.

Thanks for the info @benalwa. Please clarify if its the March group or the September guys you're referring to? Or maybe both?

benalwa
21st Mar 2018, 19:26
its the March group. You must have sat out for a year I guess.

Njegena
21st Mar 2018, 22:05
its the March group. You must have sat out for a year I guess.

Shukran. Looking forward to it

254HEAVY
24th Mar 2018, 05:10
They need more aviators and things could become simpler but you have to show for it! They are in kinda of a fix coz Rwandair is expanding aggressively on the same routes KQ is operating (they kinda like just copying KQ in all what they are doing) and y'all know the story with ET. They can't afford to park Aircraft's or cancel flights due to lack of Pilots!

skytango1
28th Mar 2018, 04:52
Heavy...good show on forum..you are well informed...!!!

Tell me do you see both Dreamliners from Oman back at a go..or 1-1..
777?????
Crew...expats?Long contract..any news you may share..

Cheers...

KiloLimaDelta
3rd Apr 2018, 08:41
Anybody called for the interview?

echokilonovember
3rd Apr 2018, 14:14
Not yet, have you gotten any communication yet?

Schnackster
21st Apr 2018, 12:59
Hey guys got an email from KQ asking me to scan and forward my documents. Anyone else? I guess they are about to call guys. God's speed to all waiting

Schnackster
24th Apr 2018, 15:53
Anyone received any mail from KQ? Guys are pretty quiet

Schnackster
25th Apr 2018, 14:26
Good evening.. anyone done their talent Q assessments :ooh::ugh:

swiftfront
26th Apr 2018, 04:31
I have not really done the assessment yet, l was waiting on anyone else whose done it so l can be better informed. Anyone with insight.

GoldenEagle17
27th Apr 2018, 22:37
@Schnackster
Standing by... no communication from HR yet.

@Schnackster/ Swiftfront
Kindly put a link to the Talent Q assessment.... can't seem to find it on the KQ site. Thanks.

Schnackster
28th Apr 2018, 13:45
@Schnackster
Standing by... no communication from HR yet.

@Schnackster/ Swiftfront
Kindly put a link to the Talent Q assessment.... can't seem to find it on the KQ site. Thanks.

it's an online psychometric test that's outsourced by KQ there's no link. Swift how many hours do you have ? Seems like other guys are doing aptitude this Thursday

swiftfront
29th Apr 2018, 12:19
it's an online psychometric test that's outsourced by KQ there's no link. Swift how many hours do you have ? Seems like other guys are doing aptitude this Thursday
Slightly over 600+ @schnackster ​​​​have you attempted the assessments?

Schnackster
29th Apr 2018, 13:05
Slightly over 600+ @schnackster ​​​​have you attempted the assessments?
Yes swift I did mine before the Thursday deadline. It's better to attempt cause you never know when you'l be called again. Google the talent q and it will give you guidance

swiftfront
29th Apr 2018, 16:08
Yes swift I did mine before the Thursday deadline. It's better to attempt cause you never know when you'l be called again. Google the talent q and it will give you guidance
yeah l did before the Friday deadline' quite interesting, was definitely not what l was expected. how was it for you?

Schnackster
29th Apr 2018, 20:48
yeah l did before the Friday deadline' quite interesting, was definitely not what l was expected. how was it for you?

All I can say is it's in God's hands now because those assements were something else.

swiftfront
30th Apr 2018, 06:39
All I can say is it's in God's hands now because those assements were something else.
You can say that again. God's hands.....Lets pray for the best because this time we were all caught offguard.

254HEAVY
1st May 2018, 01:10
You can say that again. God's hands.....Lets pray for the best because this time we were all caught offguard.

Really.....? you want to fly for the carrier but "caught offguard" you should be prepared all times if it's within your passion!

kibz2005
1st May 2018, 19:43
Really.....? you want to fly for the carrier but "caught offguard" you should be prepared all times if it's within your passion!
Really? Seems a bit harsh for someone sharing their honest experience...

Deltasaf
2nd May 2018, 07:15
I thought so too @kibz2005. We all come out of these interviews with different experiences and @swiftfront was just sharing his. Everyone here, we're all brothers and sisters so let's encourage one another and keep the updates coming. :)

Schnackster
2nd May 2018, 08:39
I thought so too @kibz2005. We all come out of these interviews with different experiences and @swiftfront was just sharing his. Everyone here, we're all brothers and sisters so let's encourage one another and keep the updates coming. :)
it's harsh and inconsiderate seeing as kq have changed the interview process depending on experience. There's now a tricky online psycometric test (not morrisby profile) and a personality inventory which is what @swift was typing about. And yes off guard because the invite was sent with only one day to practise and prepare.

Schnackster
2nd May 2018, 16:37
Hey guys any word from KQ??

swiftfront
2nd May 2018, 18:50
Thanks for shading some light in the matter. I did not expect that someone can really talk in such a way. like you clearly stated l was just experiencing what l felt which is relative from person to person. It is such behaviors that hold guys from experiencing there feeling as they will criticized one way or another but thanks guys for the support. I was speechless that l couldn't even reply back but all is good sina ubaya.

swiftfront
2nd May 2018, 18:56
it's harsh and inconsiderate seeing as kq have changed the interview process depending on experience. There's now a tricky online psycometric test (not morrisby profile) and a personality inventory which is what @swift was typing about. And yes off guard because the invite was sent with only one day to practise and prepare.
Exactly my point, we all have undertaken interviews before and nothing can prepare you for what l faced regardless of what other people think- @schnackster don't worry, l know you did your best. all will be well.

swiftfront
2nd May 2018, 18:59
Thanks @deltasaf, l wouldn't agree more, l will do my level best to try and keep guys informed.

254HEAVY
3rd May 2018, 01:06

Not really and i was also sharing my honest worth!

From day one when you apply for any job you get ready all times! You don't even stop when you are unsuccessful coz you start preparing for the next or looking for the next!

Piloting is a profession where your are expected to be prepared all times with NO excuses! You can't even blame the weather! You have to deal with it @ 40,000ft!

kibz2005
3rd May 2018, 16:39
Not really and i was also sharing my honest worth!

From day one when you apply for any job you get ready all times! You don't even stop when you are unsuccessful coz you start preparing for the next or looking for the next!

Piloting is a profession where your are expected to be prepared all times with NO excuses! You can't even blame the weather! You have to deal with it @ 40,000ft!

So...to qualify to be called a pilot in your eyes, you must be 100% prepared for absolutely ALL possible eventualities and permutations at ALL times? Glad to have finally met the legendary pilot who is never surprised and never makes mistakes! Congratulations on being the best in the world!

You sound like a world of fun to hang out with.

Schnackster
4th May 2018, 08:33
So...to qualify to be called a pilot in your eyes, you must be 100% prepared for absolutely ALL possible eventualities and permutations at ALL times? Glad to have finally met the legendary pilot who is never surprised and never makes mistakes! Congratulations on being the best in the world!

Hahaaha well put :D:D

254HEAVY
9th May 2018, 22:44

Thank you for the compliments and you are welcomed!

254HEAVY
9th May 2018, 22:51
Hahaaha well put :D:D

Life lessons........"we are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit"!

And instead of laughing at my compliments from kibz2005 you should ask him to share how he got in if he really wants to help you guys!

JV
10th May 2018, 05:03
Wow. I am speechless. As others have mentioned, and from a now retired pilot after 36 years, none of my long long forgotten high school abilities helped me be a better or safer pilot.

I could no longer pass this sort of test. But I finished with 19000 hours in many types, most of which was left seat in large transport category jets. Like everyone, learned through experience.

So technically, an experienced pilot in the very same aircraft types could not be employable.

kibz2005
11th May 2018, 13:53
Life lessons........"we are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit"!

And instead of laughing at my compliments from kibz2005 you should ask him to share how he got in if he really wants to help you guys!

Excellent quote, although I think you may have misinterpreted the meaning. How do you define excellence? Because for me, it is certainly not being 100% perfect, ready for anything at all times and never making mistakes. It's learning from error, willing to accept that you do not know it all and above all, a willingness to be taught by anyone.

I was not laughing at you, I was trying to get you to look at yourself and what message you are conveying to potentially inexperienced brothers and sisters in this industry. The work is hard, the learning curve is steep, the hours are long, you will make many mistakes in your career, and God-willing it will be many years of joy enjoying your passion. But above all, never ever will you be expected to know 100% everything there is to know about the career, nor will you be prepared for everything you see. Every day you will learn something new on the job.

Lastly, I never actually said I work for the carrier. I tried and it was hard. I learned more from my failures than my successes.

Schnackster
23rd May 2018, 10:48
According to internal KQ reports no one passed talent Q. Any one else want to shed some light ?

GoldenEagle17
7th Jul 2018, 06:00
KQ officially posted Direct Entry Pilot advertisement on their website on 3rd of May 2018 as "on-going"......

...... but not much activity as far as a "massive" recruitment !!!

Bola1
12th Jul 2018, 16:16
There doesn't seem to be a set number of DEP taken per year. Apparently some captains have been complaining about the standard of the cadets coming on line and whether that affects hiring practices is yet to known.

Captain_Falcon
1st Sep 2018, 03:18
My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere on the site. I have searched but to no avail. Could someone please inform me how the KQ pilot roster is like? What about annual leave?

Wainaina__
22nd Sep 2018, 21:32
There doesn't seem to be a set number of DEP taken per year. Apparently some captains have been complaining about the standard of the cadets coming on line and whether that affects hiring practices is yet to known.
KQ has a Cadet program? Please shed some light on this ?

GoldenEagle17
31st Oct 2018, 06:45
USA DIRECT

Congratulations to the KQ team on the launch of the USA direct route. 10 Years of planning and preparation is now a reality.

We hope and trust this growth will translate to Flight Crew movement( F.O > Capt), and new D.E.P recruitment as we close the year 2018.
Happy Landings and a prosperous 2019!!!

Magnate
2nd Nov 2018, 08:58
My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere on the site. I have searched but to no avail. Could someone please inform me how the KQ pilot roster is like? What about annual leave?

Pretty chilled roster on the Ejet. You can expect at least 8 days OFF in a month with a good mix of medium/short flights day/night ops. 73/78 rosters are even better

Mabawa1
13th Feb 2019, 03:45
I started my application for the Direct entry (Second Officer) on the KQ web-page, but seems I was denied access later on during the application. Has anyone experienced the same issue, or had any success with the career portal. I understand that this is an issue that probably concerns KQ, but I have been waiting for a reply from the IT staff for several days. Please share your experiences. Cheers!

marlinputnam8
16th Feb 2019, 06:10
Hi All,

I'm currently going through Kenya Airways direct entry pilot recruitment process. I have created this forum STRICTLY for the direct entry program "wannabe's" for us to share our experiences or ask any burning questions we may have regarding the program. There is another forum SPECIFICALLY for Kenya Airways AB Initio program. So please direct your response or question to the right forum.

So let's get the ball rolling......I recently applied the program via their website portal and about a week ago I received an email containing below message some other usual information about the program.

"Please be advised that we will be processing the next direct entry pilot shortlist in January 2014. We will however maintain your application in our recruitment database for processing in January 2014. We thank you for the interest shown in working for Kenya Airways, the Pride of Africa. Thank you”.

The above message and email was sent from “[email protected]” and not “[email protected]

Is this normal for Kenya airways to send work correspondence without using their platform? Did anyone else receive the “yahoo” email?

I hope the pilots who have gone through direct entry program will be able to share with us their insights, the do’s & don’t .

No, I could not recieve Email from "Yahoo" Mail.

4runner
19th Feb 2019, 04:02
KQ has a Cadet program? Please shed some light on this ?

Captains have been complaining about cadets since the first letter was delivered by an airplane. I can believe that through some kiti kidogu(spelling?), that some “cadets” may have gotten their cadetship through connections or other “avenues”. Nothing, and I mean nothing beats my cadet story though. A colonel from the Air Force of a neighboring country was sent to us at the national airline. He demanded to be called a Colonel even when in civilian attire. The sim facility refused to issue him an SIC type rating or recommend him for a checjride. He came back with a “letter of completion” to save face. The bestest part was that the Air Force of the afrikan nation in question didn’t have, nor have they ever operated an aircraft.

KonohaSIC
20th Feb 2019, 23:04
The recent ramp accident grounded two Embraers for the rest of the year. They will likely cut back on number of recruits to avoid oversupply.

Mudi
5th Mar 2019, 15:09
Hey! Anyone done the Kq interview recently? I heard they have added a further step in the process being a 50 question technical interview as of October last year . Can anyone confirm this ?

Gibron
15th Mar 2019, 11:32
Hi Guys,
I am preparing for the Talent Q assessment. I came across this website jobtestprep.co.uk that claims to have lots of practise questions to prepare one for the assessment. Does anyone have any experience with the site? I am open for any advice.
rgds

KonohaSIC
17th Mar 2019, 10:10
Hi Guys,
I am preparing for the Talent Q assessment. I came across this website jobtestprep.co.uk that claims to have lots of practise questions to prepare one for the assessment. Does anyone have any experience with the site? I am open for any advice.
rgds
To be honest, nothing can prepare you for Talent Q. I did all sorts of preparation but the main test was absolutely something else. You can sign up on their website and do some practice. It will give you an idea of what to expect.

swiftfront
10th Dec 2019, 15:00
hey guys so its been one year down the line, anyone who has managed to be called or emailed to begin the process of recruitment? i have noticed the job advert under direct pilot is constantly active but l have not heard of anyone been recalled!

Anyone with insight please enlighten me.....

380Mrat
8th Jan 2020, 11:32
Any one who has recently attended Direct Entry FO/SO interviews and what the process constitutes? About the 50 question Tech quiz is true? Any feed on the psychometrics and what sort of questions?