PDA

View Full Version : Books

LeicesterFox
11th Apr 2012, 15:15
Are there any books that are worth getting before starting the adventure and is it worth buying a radio to listen in?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
12th Apr 2012, 07:12
To what adventure are you referring? Maybe then we could help..

flyer31
12th Apr 2012, 12:17
I find the aviation industry fascinating, but I am more or less a comlete newbie in
this field. Could anyone recommend good books to get started in this field, ie, if for becoming an ATC?

Thanks!

reportyourlevel
12th Apr 2012, 19:39
Air Traffic Control - Graham Duke - Google Books (http://books.google.com/books/about/Air_Traffic_Control.html?id=y_FQPgAACAAJ)

I had an earlier edition of this book by Graham Duke which was excellent. I believe the author has frequented these fora in the past. The latest edition seems to be out of stock on the usual online bookseller (except for a very overpriced used copy!). Be careful with old books as this game changes quickly so a lot of them will be drastically out of date. Also be wary of books from other countries, I found lots from the US (including test-prep types) which will only confuse you. If you are going for a career in ATC, don't worry about reading the actual manuals etc. until you are at the college - you'll only misinterpret or mislearn stuff that will prove hard to undo later.