PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair pilots, CAA/IAA Question

captplaystation
11th Apr 2012, 12:58
Gentlemen, & indeed a "few" ladies.
I remember that recent policy "encouraged" you to trade in your Non-Irish licences for a (RYR) home grown one.

Putting aside the contractural/political aspect of this "preference" from your employer, how do you personally find the IAA, with respect to flexibility (for you, not RYR, I know about THAT side) & responsiveness to queries etc.

I ask this on the back of 1 month spent trying to get an answer from the UK CAA to a very simple query regarding English language proficiency.
I have, so far, had 4 emails ignored, & have spent 2 long phone calls on their bloody switchboard, but nonetheless have failed to resolve a very simple issue. (maybe I don't speak English well enough :hmm: )
My licence is due for renewal in July, & I am sorely tempted to tell them to put the green plastic where the sun doesn't shine. . .however, is transferring across the other side of the Irish sea a +ve step ? or not.
Don't know if this is best asked here, or in Questions, but I guess more of you are on here, & it is a "term" I guess.

mutt
11th Apr 2012, 14:49
Dealt with the IAA recently, found them to be extremely friendly and polite, offered significant advise on maintaining my licence, and even went as far as ringing the local flight school to arrange an immediate ELT, and finally, they allowed me to collect my licence after normal opening hours once i had done the ELT.

All in all.....:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

Mutt

Zoyberg
12th Apr 2012, 23:47
I had the same problem with the CAA last month....I have given this organisation thousands of pounds over the last 20 years....wouldn't pay them in washers.