PDA

View Full Version : C172 required for registered facility

asdf1234
4th Apr 2012, 19:35
A friend of mine operates a registered facility near to London in Essex. He requires a C172 and is looking for suitable aircraft. He is a one-man operation and might find it difficult to commit to the usual 300 hours per annum. If anyone has an aircraft that he can use (dry lease but everything considered) then please PM me. As a guide he has been offered a C152 inclusive of maintenance and insurance at £35 per hour which he found reasonable. He expects to pay more for a C172.

Regards,

ASDF1234

JUST-local
4th Apr 2012, 21:02
I am sure the RF I work at would also love to hear from anyone offering a similar deal, they could sell all the aircraft, send the maintenance staff on a paid holiday and have the pleasure of not dealing or paying for insurance.
£35/hr reasonable :ugh:
You should have posted this one before lunch on April the 1st!

A and C
5th Apr 2012, 05:44
If he has been offered a Cessna 152 for £35/ hour it will be an under- maintained flying scrap heap, the unreliability of such aircraft will cost him more money in lost flying than he will save from the low cost of the lease.

OR

He has found someone who is such a kind benefactor that they are willing to subsidize his business to the tune of about £12-15 per flying hour.

A good twenty year old C172 that has reliable Avionic kit and is maintained to a standard that makes it reliable should be costing £ 55-60 per hour + VAT including maintenance & insurance........anything else will be junk.