PDA

View Full Version : ATC in Luton...

gpdesign
3rd Apr 2012, 14:41
Hi, I'm new on this forum, but i'm in need to meet someone who already is ATC.
Now i live in Luton, so the best will be someone who is near this area.

I want to meet , just to talk abt this job, how it is to be an ATC, coz i'm planning to join next recruitment.
Is here someone who could help me ?

With many greetings

Grace ...

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
3rd Apr 2012, 15:29
Hi Grace. Welcome to PPRuNE. I guess you understand that a lot more is involved than just to join at the next recruitment. Have you familiarised yourself with this web site: Air Traffic Controller Licensing | Airspace | Operations and Safety (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=43&pagetype=70&gid=819) ??

Youcan download CAP744 here: CAP 744: Air Traffic Controllers - Licensing | Publications | About the CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=1128)

Good luck..

Lon More
4th Apr 2012, 09:07
You could try phoning the airport and asking if it would be possible to visit the tower

Nimmer
4th Apr 2012, 11:34
English as a first language would be helpful!!!

eastern wiseguy
4th Apr 2012, 12:42
English as a first language would be helpful

But NOT an actual requirement.

Good luck Grace.

anotherthing
4th Apr 2012, 14:12
Don't worry about Nimmer, he struggles to construct a sentence at the best of times... that's if he's awake :}

whitelighter
4th Apr 2012, 14:55
If you have no joy at Luton, Stansted are pretty accommodating. Its just down the road after all.

One more thing, should you apply and be successful, dont bank on getting Luton as a posting. Most aerodrome controllers are being sent down the approach route at the moment, which excludes luton, or you may just get area straight off the bat.

gpdesign
4th Apr 2012, 20:58
Thank's a lot for links, i will try then directly...

First of all, there is few things in my life i can not change, one of them is my native language, which i currently polish ;) So forgive me my misteakes in english, it's just learned by myself at all.

Second thing: i know that Luton is not a goal, i just moved here from Poland to catch a new possibilities for job and also for learning english. I can move easily when there will be need for that.

So as it's written in a topic, is some of you already an atco? I really wold like to take a few minutes for talk abt it... best in real :P

see ya later ...