PDA

View Full Version : Canadian ATPL from UK ATPL

macfloppy
30th Mar 2012, 23:16
Advice sought - Ive a recently lapsed UK ATPL(Dec) , circa 10,000 hours , including many heavy jet eg 767, 747-400 , and looking to convert to Canadian . I can't go back to the UK for sufficient time to renew the UK license - so that's not an option .

I know in some ways easier to get FAA license and then get Canadian under swop regulations currently in force ...but I want/need to go down the Canadian route .
Advice sought on best books for home study / exam qs, and good flight schools for abbreviated course - i.e. hopefully just enough flying to pass the tests - and generally any good advice much appreciated !

rigpiggy
4th Apr 2012, 21:52
do the aerocourse, write the exam, get a medical, may have to do a ride. Call the puzzle palace in yow, they'll give you the full spiel. That said why would you come here few airlines, low wages, cheaper cost of living though

BizAvIntl
6th Apr 2012, 00:52
Much better chnace of finding a job as a driver in Canada than Europe right now.:ok: Plus it is the best Country in the world I am biased I do live here.

Denti
17th Apr 2012, 19:42
We do an exchange program with some canadian holiday carriers and lend them quite a few pilots during winter. Might be nice to do the canadian ATPL just in case while being over there working with a validation of the european one.

Jetgate
14th Jul 2012, 12:26
Generally when one converts a licence and associated endorsements you need the original to be valid. I converted my Canadian CPL and a lapsed IFR to JAA. Had to go to Canada and renew the Canadian IFR before undertaking the conversion of it in the UK. However if you're applying for a whole new Canadian on its own right then it might be a different issue? I see from another thread you mention PRO IFR in CZBB, they might have the answers or call Transport Canada.

I'm sure you are aware that you could transfer any valid JAA type rating and accomplish the Canadian ATPL skill test and IFR skill test if doing an LPC in Canada on a current type.

Hope the above info is of some use.

JG