PDA

View Full Version : external fuel decals

Dariuszw
27th Mar 2012, 18:07
Can anyone shed some light on JAA requirement of external fuel decals ?
Few days ago friend of mine told me that fueler refused to fuel his plane due to missing fuel decals next to tank inlets. I know that in USA there is such a requirement at least in GA, not sure about commercial ops. Here in europe Im not so sure. My consern is with bissjets not GA. Thank you in advance !

Kuchan
27th Mar 2012, 21:51
It could only be happened in France, defintely not in USA or England. If the French DGAC SAFA ( French CAA) saw it, you would be grounded indefinitely.

Dariuszw
28th Mar 2012, 15:02
Kuchan please elaborate... be grounded based on what regulation ???

Kuchan
30th Mar 2012, 12:01
Decal on fueling panel is "Required by Regulation" IAW AMM. which must be complied with.

Missing decal is not MELable as it is not under MEL or CDL.

French DGAC would ground your aircraft for non conformity of defect as there is no wording in AMM to mention missing decal is allowable.

Unfortunately that is French interpretation of rule.... Haven't you heard about aircraft being grounded for one screw missing or loose rivets giving that you are located in Paris, London and New York.

Put it another way, In UK, you are allowed to present your driving documents to Police station within 7 days. In French, you will be in jail custity until documents are presented in the police station.

In UK, you are not guilty until proven.

In French, you are guilty unless proven.

beerdrinker
30th Mar 2012, 13:52
Where can you get these decals. Mine have become a bit ragged

BD

500 above
2nd Apr 2012, 20:58
Beer drinker

If you are on the island of Aphrodite, Air BP at LCA have them free.