PDA

View Full Version : ATC in Australia

Ds2001015
23rd Mar 2012, 09:17
Hi...
Just wondering if anyone has any information about becoming an air traffic controller in Victoria, Australia and if you have any general information about the field itself.

Cheers guys.

Plazbot
23rd Mar 2012, 09:19
Seriously? There is like a 200 page thread right above this one. I suggest if your observational skills are as displayed, ATC may not be for you.......

:=

Ds2001015
23rd Mar 2012, 09:26
Hahaha... I'm doing some research for my little brother. I sure as hell don't have the patience, observational skills or concentration required to be an air traffic controller...

Neptune262
23rd Mar 2012, 13:53
But you do have the witty repartee to be one!! :ok:

1Charlie
27th Mar 2012, 02:23
Hahaha oh snap!

Offtodabigsmoke
24th Apr 2012, 10:54
Geez Plazbot. Give the dude a break. If your referring to the "Air Services Australia Psychometric Testing" thread, 99% of the population don't even know who or what Air Services is. Some people think its an airconditioning company.

I could suggest something about your communication skills which in itself is a pertinent skill to ATC but I won't judge.

But Ds2001015, the thread I mentioned above has a heap of information on the application process. If you have any other questions just send me a message. More than happy to help. :)

Plazbot
24th Apr 2012, 15:30
Nice one big smoke. Sure showed me a thing or two. I wold suggest that an Individual who found thus web site and did not know the name of the only ANS provider in their home country should probably give it a miss. But hey, any advice you have for me, please fire away. You seem to be the expert here.

watsup
25th Apr 2012, 09:37
PLAZBOT = DI*KHEAD

Jerricho
29th Apr 2012, 16:09
"I need information on being an Air Traffic Controller in Australia......I'll check the Internets!!!!"

Hmm, The Googles doesn't make any sense! Too many options. AirServices Australia, that can't be important. Wikipedia, that's just made up stuff. Civil Air.....AAARRRGGGGH!! Too much! Too much! Let's try my luck with the Googles again......oooooh, what's this PPRuNe thing? ATC issues!?!

JACKPOT! Hey, at the top of the forum list....Air Services Australia again! That can't be important. Hey, I'll join in and post a new thread. Everybody on the internets is always helpful and polite and........

Oh my. I wonder what happens if I use the Googles for Plazbot"

(oh look, it does come up "DI*KHEAD"!)

Plazbot
29th Apr 2012, 22:25
Hahah, half right cockslap. Check your phone messages.

I'm a gunna quit this ATC thang and become an Aircon tech I reckon......

thequestor2000
29th Apr 2012, 23:33
:D You guys are hilarious.

Is this what being an ATC'er turns you into??? Quick, where is the "withdraw job application" button on the Airservices website?

Plazbot
30th Apr 2012, 03:42
That's probably the least of the reasons to do that.........

I don't comment anymore. Say gday to the lads on Tops for me.

Jerricho
3rd May 2012, 03:17
Is this what being an ATC'er turns you into

Nah, it's genetic

chevvron
4th May 2012, 08:33
Ds......: if your little brother is so keen, how come he doesn't research it himself?