PDA

View Full Version : Best Online Log Book

Flying_Anorak
22nd Mar 2012, 23:52
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good online log book please? I've been playing with a demo version of Skylog and although reasonable, it looks a dated now.

Ideally what I'm looking for is something that lives online (in the cloud?) such that I can update my log on my ipad on the airfield and then have that synch with a copy on my home pc. Does such an animal exist as an App etc?

Thanks in anticipation.

Paul.

dan_vector
23rd Mar 2012, 08:04
PilotLog - The Online Log Book for Professional Pilots (http://www.pilotlog.co.uk)

Genghis the Engineer
23rd Mar 2012, 09:09
Not sure why you need it online? Why not just on the iPad then sync when you get home.

I do mine in Excel - not sure if there's an equivalent to that for the iPad, but presumably there is. Works a treat on my laptop.

G

Flyinganaes
23rd Mar 2012, 10:35
I do mine in Excel and sync through Dropbox. Works a treat!

cct
25th Mar 2012, 16:49
There is a free one on http:\\ukga.com useful as a backup to hard copy.

Genghis the Engineer
25th Mar 2012, 18:33
It just occurred to me - would be dead easy to set up an Excel spreadsheet logbook on Google Docs.

G

Bear 555
25th Mar 2012, 19:55
UKGA has an on-line log book that backs up (and downloads) as .csv thereby importing straight to various spreadsheets.

Free = works for me!

Bear 555
25th Mar 2012, 19:57
Should really read all the posts before butting in . . . ! cct beat me to it

TiPwEiGhT
26th Mar 2012, 10:23
If you are wanting to initially log on your iPhone or iPad after a flight and then later up load to PC I would recommend MCC Pilot Log. I have been using it for both professional and private flying for over a year now and find it very good.

Buying the enterprise version gives you access to an online sever to save your logbook to, aswell as having it available on your phone or iPad. Cost me around 500 norwrgian (ca. 40GBP) with no further subscription fee´s.

It was great for me as I had a PC at home and all other logbooks for iPhone only worked along side a Mac. Since then I have switched to Mac and use a program called Parallels to run windows in the background, allowing me to continue with MCC.

Have a google and you can download a trial version for free.

HH