PDA

View Full Version : 777 checklist

CJ1234
21st Mar 2012, 20:12
I'm not a boeing man i'm afraid i just wondered this out of curiosity (don't know if i can do this). on the 777, do you skip items on the electronic checklist if it has already been completed? it's just i'm so used to the methodical old paper checklists it seems slightly strange.

wiggy
21st Mar 2012, 20:19
Any items that are monitored by the checklist system and that are correctly completed ( e.g. the Fuel panel set up or Beacon to 'on', both done prior to reading the checklist for engine start) automatically turn Green on the checklist - you don't need to "tick them off" using the cursor, you simply skip the line. You're only looking to confirm and "tick" anything the system doesn't monitor (e.g. Flight Deck Door) and then finally confirm that you see "checklist complete" at the bottom of the checklist page - which is only displayed when everything has indeed been completed.

It does take some getting used to but for Normal use it is very good - OTOH and IMHO :confused: it has the potential to be a bit misleading and clunky to use with some of the more convoluted emergencies........