PDA

View Full Version : Oxford or CTC for MCC/JOC??

The_green_penguin
16th Mar 2012, 18:56
I would be grateful for some advice on where to undertake the MCC/JOC courses...? I am a modular student and had originally planned to go to Oxford on the 737-400 full motion sim. However, I've heard from fairly reliable sources that CTC holding pools are relatively empty at the moment, which has made me think perhaps it would be better to apply to the CTC Airline Qualification course (albeit somewhat more expensive) and try and get myself in the holding pool. Anyone able to confirm or deny these rumours??

Or should I save my money and go to somewhere reasonably priced like European at Bournemouth?? Does it really make a difference where you do this part of the training (e.g. Is it beneficial to have OAT or CTC on your Cv)??

Many thanks in advance.

Captain Spam Can
17th Mar 2012, 13:21
CTC as the pool is empty but regardless if it wasn’t you would have a place in it to await your turn for a jet job. The AQC is highly regarded and has been going since the 90's, placing thousands of people with the UK's leading airlines. I’m sure Oxford would deliver a top class product as well but that’s as far as it goes. I am biased but facts are facts. If were just comparing the courses themselves you wouldn’t go round completing them at either organisation. :ok:

Dan the weegie
17th Mar 2012, 15:50
Oxford is good but very overpriced. They will not give you any help whatsoever in getting a job with an airline without having been on the integrated program. If you can get the AQC at CTC it's a much better option but if it's neither then go to one of the other full motion jet ones that have been mentioned already.

porridge
17th Mar 2012, 17:05
Try CRM Aviation - look for some good posts about them on this forum. Competitively priced and apparently very good value for money. Some Senior, ex Oxford, staff working there come highly recommended I believe.

Captain Spam Can
17th Mar 2012, 18:21
My advice for anyone 250hr person, if you don't get the CTC AQC course just go to the cheapest place for MCC as its a tick in the box, and use your spare money to pay for a good jet orientation course. The MCC isnt a jet orientation course regardless what aircraft you do it on and flying a jet requires different techniques to propeller driven aircraft, it will put you ahead when you come to the sim stage for an interview and will be less of a shock when you start a TR.

The_green_penguin
19th Mar 2012, 22:31
Thanks for helpful suggestions so far....

Does anybody else have any opinions...??

v1rotate1
20th Mar 2012, 08:15
CRM Aviation MCC - best course I ever did.:ok:

JOC - there is a wild choice out there ranging from £500 up to £2500. I guess it really depends on your budget or what you're trying to achieve.

Good luck...............

SunderlandMatt
20th Mar 2012, 08:44
I've heard good things about MultiFlight up in Leeds.

WhiskyTangoFoxtrott
20th Mar 2012, 15:36
The CTC AQC can get you in the pool, but I heard that as a modular student, you'll be second to the integrated lot.

The_green_penguin
22nd Mar 2012, 09:58
But is that not better than not being in hold pool at all?? Half a foot on the ladder, so to speak..?

pudoc
22nd Mar 2012, 10:26
For me, if you can afford the CTC AQC go for it. You have nothing to lose (apart from a few grand) and a lot to gain. If worse comes to worse you just got an expensive MCC.

WhiskyTangoFoxtrott
22nd Mar 2012, 11:50
Probably worth checking whether external mods are eligible for the ATP or whether it's just CTC TakeOff, iCP and cadets.