PDA

View Full Version : 'No PDC'

InSoMnIaC
16th Mar 2012, 07:13
When Requesting Airways Clearance from Singapore Delivery they say 'No PDC' as part of the clearance and you are expected to read it back.

Whats the significance of reading back 'No PDC' or for them to even say it in the first place. Isn't it obvious that we are being issued the clearance via Voice comms?

The Dominican
16th Mar 2012, 07:17
No "pre departure coordination" meaning that the altitude you are given within Singapore/Malaysia air space might not be the one they will hand you over to adjacent air spaces.

InSoMnIaC
16th Mar 2012, 12:19
Thanks mate. That makes sense.

I thought it was referring to 'Pre Departure Clearance'.

The Dominican
16th Mar 2012, 13:32
I know, it is confusing. They don't come out and just say it either, there is a note on the regulation section of the route manual with an asterisk that states "No PDC clearance procedure applies to flights departing Singapore" regulation 5-1 but it doesn't explain what that means, we know it because it is on the company supplemental information about Changi. :ugh:
Same thing with the speed control, there is a reference in the regulation section that all A/C operating 40NM fron Changi should be at 250KTS regardless of altitude, but when you go to the speed control reference on the area chart (red box) it has an additional note besides the one I just mentioned that states that A/C arriving on a STAR must comply with the speeds depicted on the STAR and on that same red box is the only place you will find that departing A/C are excluded from any speed restriction:confused: it doesn't say that in either the regulation nor the ATC sections of the route manual, and is not in any of the SID's either. Got to love flying in SE Asia:}