PDA

View Full Version : EASA IR(H) on a non JAA/EASA License

t_total
14th Mar 2012, 10:56
Hello all just a quick question. I have a Malaysian fATPL(H) and CASA CPL(H).

My employer is sending me for an IR(H) which will be an EASA IR(H) (requirement for the country I work in). Country I work in however is not a JAA/EASA member state, they just like having their pilots do EASA exams/courses.

Just wondering if I will come out of it with an EASA IR(H) seeing as I dont have an EASA/JAA license in the first place? I will be doing all the exams and flying at an approved EASA School. Any info much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jet Ranger
14th Mar 2012, 12:38
I think, you will first have to convert your licence in EASA ( still JAA ), and after that you can put JAA IR-H into it.

JR

IceHeli
14th Mar 2012, 12:53
I believe that to be issued any rating, you need to have a licence in the first place. Thus you would need to do one of the three first, then add the IR rating to the licence:
Getting Validation,
Converting
Temporary validations

t_total
14th Mar 2012, 15:05
I think, you will first have to convert your licence in EASA ( still JAA ), and after that you can put JAA IR-H into it.

JR

Thanks Ice heli and JR

JR do you have any idea if there is a time frame for me to get a JAA License and add the IR onto it, like for example if I dont do it after X number of years it becomes invalid on a JAA License?

Thanks

paco
14th Mar 2012, 16:37
If you can avoid the exams it would be great! :) Why not just get a JAA PPL(H) and tack an IR(H) on to that? or does your employer want the CPL(H) exams as well?

You have 3 years from passing the theoretical knowledge exams to get the IR.

Phil

t_total
15th Mar 2012, 03:51
Great Idea Phil that way if it works out I can still keep the JAA IR seeing as I'll have a JAA license to tack it on to.

My employer doesn't need me to have a JAA CPL, the ones I have are fine with them, so a JAA PPL(H) would probably be my best bet.

Cheers