PDA

View Full Version : RAF Buccaneer S2 Airframe Q course notes?

phantomstreaker
12th Mar 2012, 13:28
Hi All,

Would any RAF Airframes techs have access to Q course notes for the Buccaneer I could acquire or arrange for copies to be made?

As a former Rigger myself I am volunteering to help out at Cold War Jets at Bruntingthorpe and could do with a little research?:confused:

david parry
12th Mar 2012, 14:15
Maybe a request on here might reap rewards;) FAABA Home Page (http://www.faaba.co.uk/)

clarkieboy
12th Mar 2012, 14:48
I don't know which cab you are working on, but I know that the boys who looked after XX894 had a whole load of APs and other bits and pieces. I left mine at Lossie many moons ago. Still have the Rolls Spey notes, though. In fact, if you have any luck, I wouldn't mind a copy myself, for old times sake. If the Spey stuff any good, give me a shout.
Cheers
Iain

phantomstreaker
12th Mar 2012, 14:52
Thanks ClarkieBoy, i will let you know if I have any success:ok:

clarkieboy
12th Mar 2012, 14:55
Just remembered, I have a copy of the aircrew systems notes. Bit basic, but better than nothing. Same applies, any use, just shout.

Cheers

phantomstreaker
12th Mar 2012, 15:14
anything is better than nothing, can you scan it or copy it? whats the plan?

foldingwings
12th Mar 2012, 15:20
phantomstreaker,

Check your PMs - I have contacts at Thunder City.

Foldie:ok:

clarkieboy
12th Mar 2012, 19:16
I'll copy them here, PM an address and I'll post them down, unless you wish to wait and see if Foldie's contacts turn something up. Up to you.
Cheers

Iain

Rigga
12th Mar 2012, 20:05
Sadly - I still have my notes from my Rigger course at Honington 1980(ish)!

It was my 1st course after leaving my Fitters Course so I've kept 'em...

However, they are not the set that some later studes may have had at Lossie's school - they really are a paltry set considering the size and complexity of the Bucc - about 80-90 pages at most of poor black & white off-set copying and stapled pics.

No photocopiers or local printers in them days and I think I was one of a few who knew what a Font meant to printing (I was a apprentice printer before joining up)

If you want them copied it might take a while as I don't have access to a autofeed copier at the mo...and I'm away for a day or so from tomorrow.

Let me know
Rigga

phantomstreaker
13th Mar 2012, 12:17
Thanks Rigga, if i need them i will let you know?

phantomstreaker
13th Mar 2012, 12:19
Does anyone else have access to any S2 Buccaneer spares they may want to get rid of please? especially Main and nose wheel tyres

phantomstreaker
15th Mar 2012, 09:48
Thanks Clarkieboy for your help with the Bucc Notes;)