PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways How long after the Interview ?!?!?

Lucavdh
6th Mar 2012, 13:31
Hello Guy's , I held an Interview with QR on the 2nd of Jan . I was told that they would contact me between 4 to 6 weeks for the final Result ...But till today (06/03/2012) still no answer .

Does someone know why ?

Happy landings to all ! bye bye

Ranoosh
6th Mar 2012, 13:44
Did u receive any good news?
thx
reza

Lucavdh
6th Mar 2012, 13:58
As i SAID no.. ;(

ITO
6th Mar 2012, 14:06
Don`t worry, you are not alone in this case. Also did the Interview in JAN. it is going to be two months, no answer. Nothing much to do except waiting and hoping something will fall in the inbox sometime soon. And the problem is that we know people waited more than 2 months to get an answer...

This waiting is killing me !

Lucavdh
6th Mar 2012, 14:14
Its Killing me aswell ! The problem is that i don't know how to move with other airlines....should i keep looking or should i wait for QR ?Should i accept the job with a bond or should i wait ?

I would only like to know if i passed or not .

Flyingstig
6th Mar 2012, 18:37
I know a couple of guys interviewed mid Jan.
They heard successful, last week.
Sorry.

ITO
6th Mar 2012, 19:26
Yeah we know. That add more frustration ! :ugh::ugh:

tdk90
6th Mar 2012, 21:38
Are you guys SO or FO? Type rated or not? Jet or TP? High time/low time? All these things seem to make a difference....

Plus scooping up all the Spanair pilots might be having an effect..

samca
7th Mar 2012, 10:35
Hi,

I´ve recieved an email from HR-Recruiter Qatar. They ask for my last 3 pages of loogbook, is for First Officer. I have jet experience + 1.000 and Type Ratings in C500/550/560 and Airbus A320 but no hours on type.

What can I expect after this email?? an interview in how many time??

Thank you

captain.weird
7th Mar 2012, 11:10
Can't you just post your question once?

ITO
11th Mar 2012, 14:53
anyone received anything today ?

upwhereIbelong
11th Mar 2012, 16:10
NOOOOOO!!!!
:ugh:
7 weeks

ITO
11th Mar 2012, 17:16
Thanks. Well let`s just keep our selves posted. Seems like we are going to be waiting much more than 8 weeks...

Massi27
11th Mar 2012, 20:31
13 weeks and no news...so long time...

upwhereIbelong
11th Mar 2012, 20:54
have u called ?
i will definately aft 8 weeks

Massi27
12th Mar 2012, 09:13
Nobody answer by phone. Do you have a number of the Recruitment dept?

jibba_jabba
12th Mar 2012, 10:16
Thank god you started this thread, as all this "I have not been called" posts in the info thread have really killed it.

Just keep in mind everyone that they are hiring about 60 people a month. So there is HEAPS of backend work to do. I must admit, the process could be streamlined alot but it is what it is.

Expect to wait about 4 - 7 weeks after interview.
Expect to wait about 4 - 7 weeks for the contract/fleet after the good news.
Then your start date could be when ever, most likely about 1.5 - 3 months after your contract is returned.

PLEASE be patient and realise that you are not the oly one that is waiting, and I must add, 7 weeks wait or even 6 months wait is not that long so complaining about it will not help. E.g. People wait 18 months + to get into jets in Oz so take a deep breath and relax.

perritopiloto
12th Mar 2012, 11:07
More than 7 weeks waiting for the contract.
This waiting is killing me.
But contract will arrive (hopefully soon).

See u all in Doha.

upwhereIbelong
12th Mar 2012, 11:39
To call , or not to call!?
I dunno 7 weeks or longer ,just for a result of an interview is actually not the ideal !
Really if someone with influence reads this, change it.
Cheers

shreddy
13th Mar 2012, 08:20
dude i cannot imagine waiting two months, i have been waiting 9 days and im goin bezerk, fingers crossed, toes crossed!!

upwhereIbelong
19th Mar 2012, 04:45
Just out of curiosity,anyone anything new?:confused:

shreddy
19th Mar 2012, 07:17
im still waiting 3 weeks now

ITO
19th Mar 2012, 11:13
Nada ! 9 weeks.:ouch:

POL.777
19th Mar 2012, 12:26
Relax guys. Bad news should arrive within 10 to 20 days after the interview. If you are waiting any longer chances are you made it. If you have a job, continue flying like nothing happened. If you don't - continue looking around.

nyt_lyfshna
21st Mar 2012, 11:29
Hello everyone! I am new here and since i am also waiting for my FI result (it's been almost 4wks now) , i found this thread out of anxiousness. Btw, does anybody know if breast implants would be an issue in getting employed with QR? i had it done 1 year ago.

It's really nice to have read all of your stories here..I hope to hear from you guys soon as well ! ;)

More Blessings on your way<---> ;)

speedhold
21st Mar 2012, 13:44
Got the pass email today interviewed .3 weeks ago for the fo position cheers

Lucavdh
28th Mar 2012, 11:48
Hi Guys !!! I finally received the email saying i passed the interview !! It arrived after 3 months ............:ok::ok::ok::ok:now i got to wait an other 6 weeks :bored: to sign the contract

Good luck to all !!

Ciaooo

upwhereIbelong
28th Mar 2012, 23:08
cheers Val ,sorry to hear .
congrats the the other Guy .

Myself ,9 weeks now ,

awhhh
cheers

Shooting_Star
1st Apr 2012, 18:28
Over 8 Weeks after SO (Low hour cadet assessment) Anyone else did a ab-initio assessment in January and still waiting for a good/bad news e-mail :sad: ?

AlfredOrm
3rd Apr 2012, 13:49
Hi guys.

Has anyone from the 10 of March interview group received any feedback from QR? :confused::confused::confused:

Regards

gcc_
3rd Apr 2012, 14:44
Nyt_lYfshna,

You're on the wrong thread firstly.
Regardless I don't see how they would know anyway.
Do call me when you're here though :E
Good luck.

mell
3rd Apr 2012, 18:56
hi....

I had my final int. jan 9th...I didn't receive anything until march 4th and I send them a e-mail and than they send me congrat mail saying congratulations we send you e-mail but you didn't reply on jan 13th but I never received that e-mail. So I finished my medicals,now I'm waiting for results:rolleyes:

Shooting_Star
3rd Apr 2012, 19:55
@Mell, you mailed them to ask for the results and you got an answer that you were positive ? :}

saeed_ehm
5th Apr 2012, 08:38
hi,

h r u capt. r u ok

dude no worry im here, may lord bless u & ur friend, hossein.:ok:

de facto
5th Apr 2012, 10:57
The kind of blessings i like:O

Btw, does anybody know if breast implants would be an issue in getting employed with QR? i had it done 1 year ago.

It's really nice to have read all of your stories here..I hope to hear from you guys soon as well !

More Blessings on your way<--->

The kind of blessing i don't:
dude no worry im here, may lord bless u & ur friend, hossein

mell
10th Apr 2012, 09:07
@shooting star ı just received a e-mail today saying

Dear Melike,

Kindly note that your medicals are acceptable. Please confirm your point of travel?
Also please note like advised before you need to change hair colour and maintain only one colour which is similar to your natural hair colour.

Please wait for my next email.

ITO
10th Apr 2012, 09:24
Mell,
I think you are on the wrong thread. This section is for Pilots Interviews and not Cabin Crew, but I think you`ll find a QR cabin crew thread. ( using the search function ). Good luck. :8

upwhereIbelong
10th Apr 2012, 15:50
mhhh thinking now ....may all nearly bald have to wait !and all with full hair get a early positive reply ....
mhhh
makes me think doin the ROOOOOONEY !!:D

Decent
15th Apr 2012, 17:44
Oh thank god I've found a thread concerning QA. Can anyone help me out? I applied for the position of cabin crew in November 2011, I passed the first rounds and I even got interviewed by two of them. I received an e-mail not long after that, on December 27th, requesting me to send them 2 pictures of me. I sent the pictures and I haven't heard form them since then. I sent them an e-mail in January asking for an update, they told me they were waiting for my results... 3 months have passed and I still haven't gotten any confirmation e-mail... so should I just give up? or is it normal that it takes this long?

upwhereIbelong
16th Apr 2012, 07:48
This is flightcrew,hehehe

THRidle
16th Apr 2012, 08:34
We're all "Flightcrew". I think you mean "Techcrew":ok:

potatowings
16th Apr 2012, 08:45
@Decent,

Try this forum for potential QR cabin crew

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/476466-qatar-airways-wannabes-recruitment-iii-9.html

upwhereIbelong
16th Apr 2012, 20:57
sorry ,didnt wanna sound like that ..of course the more the marrier.....sooo yes all flight crew ...:E

etravis82
16th Apr 2012, 23:56
This had been the timeline for those of us who applied last year. Most now are going through much quicker.

09/15/11: applied
11/13/11: invite for interview
12/27/11: interview
02/06/12: acceptance letter
03/19/12: contract for A320
04/09/12: class date for June 10

good luck to everyone.

Decent
17th Apr 2012, 05:09
Thanks a lot for the info.:ok:

Flying 85
18th Apr 2012, 23:08
Hi everyone ! Im a MALE
It has been almost 6 months that I passed the Final Interview . I sent them 3 e-mails but I still have not received any response from QR !
I know that I m not the only male who is in this situation and I heard that they don't recruit MALES at the moment . Does anyone know something about this and when they will restart recruiting males or the next MALES training date . If you have some news about that PLEASE let me know .
I appreciate every answer .Thank you

uchy
19th Apr 2012, 07:34
can someone kindly say how much is it the salary net of bond for one first officer not rated?And the various benefit that you get. Thanks in advance

Gregling
19th Apr 2012, 07:39
Some details that might be interesting for you

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/466814-qatar-salary.html

Gregling
19th Apr 2012, 12:07
After few dozens of attempts, I managed to have the flight deck team on the phone. Response for me (obviously all NTSOs) : "You're in the background, it might take some time, you just gotta wait and be patient"

I tried to get more infos : 1 month, a year ? They couldn't tell...

Sorry to bring the bad news !

FL123
19th Apr 2012, 12:26
I did call the HR team too (today) and got the same reply.
They couldn't tell me the date or the approx month about when they would be resuming with the NTSO's. Its just on hold at the moment!
It will happen but we don't know when.
Qatar does test your patience :E
Waiting time mate!

Gregling
19th Apr 2012, 12:29
By the way I tried to call them like 50 times during the last weeks. First time they're answering. That's already a victory !

As you say : waiting "Game"...

FL123
19th Apr 2012, 12:31
Because the HR lady was on a short break. Came back today!!!

ITO
19th Apr 2012, 21:01
difinitely its no glorious days for us :bored: I think we are in for a long long very long wait !

perritopiloto
20th Apr 2012, 06:43
Becoming sooooo desperate!!
13 weeks for the contract.
E-mailed them and they told me that they will look for my file, but nothing.
FO position, A320 rated

FL123
20th Apr 2012, 10:19
was just thinking ---

applying to QR is like using the Internet on the (old) dial-up speed. You type the address, click ENTER..... and then comes the waiting game :rolleyes: --- till you have your page on the screen. In the mean time, you had your lunch, got a short nap and then back to your laptop........ NOW, if your lucky enough :E , then you """"MAY"""" see your page :} otherwise.... PLEASEEEE REFRESH.... !!!! :ugh:

upwhereIbelong
23rd Apr 2012, 08:52
I would say its close to beeing "rude",just to let people sit in the dark!
Soon or later market will open more and attitudes like that will be not forgotten.
I was always quick wirh answers scans etc and as result you get beeing treated like 3 class. May someone there should remeber his interview in doha for qr position.
Cheers
Up

iQatar
23rd Apr 2012, 09:10
I received the interview passed email 20 days after interview.

Could some body please explain why they/Qatar needs to get approval for my appointment? And then 6 weeks after the approval, should get a formal offer of empoyment with fleet allocation. Is that just another hoop to jump through?

Cat3BNoDH
23rd Apr 2012, 15:03
I don't know if you're working or have worked on an airline of QR size. This kind of corporations have several independant departments that work each on their purpose. When you applied and got the interview and later sucess email you've been handled by the recruitment department, then they have to ask permition to the HR dept to hire you ( apointment) and they will send you a formal letter of employment offer. If you acept it, your process will be forwarded to the recruitment dept again to handle all the red tape and logistics of your joinning. You will be in their hand untill the first couple of weeks after joinning, when you'll be "delivered" to your fleet dept for ground course, sim and line trainning. So as you can see, several hoops to jump through but at least for the final ones you'll have some assistance...

Nice landings

Global01
23rd Apr 2012, 21:54
Any pilots from feb interviews ?

To date, have no answer .... How long it takes normally ? I heard that the SO are on hold due to the massive FO recruitment recently from spain (150 FO).

Any number to call and ask ? if so, please ...

Thanks guys, good luck to all !

latetonite
23rd Apr 2012, 22:15
I passed their DEC interview successfully in 2003. Still waiting,(true!) Well, not really....

FL123
23rd Apr 2012, 22:16
is it 150 or 50??? i heard the figure 50.
but yes, its because of span air that the rest of the recruitment has got on hold.

for the rest check PM

777-Aviator
24th Apr 2012, 01:24
Hello chaps!

Is there anybody here who is NOT a gulf citizen and suffering from delays in joining the company due to the so-called "Security Clearance"?

This is on the behalf of one of my friends. He got accepted as normal S/O last October and got the contract on December. He initially received a DOJ with March batch, then he received revised one to be with April batch... & now yet another revised one on May and still waiting for a confirmation!:ugh:

So frustrating! The guy says he has no criminal record or any sort of violations that may cause a problem whatsoever! I was wondering if there are others here who going through the same horrible situation!

Cheers guys.

ITO
24th Apr 2012, 09:45
So, does that means that there are normal SO batchs starting or started for the last couple of months since they are rescheduling aviator 777 friends ? Being left in the dark is not easy as we do not know what to do at all...

ITO
26th Apr 2012, 11:24
Hi,
Anyone received anything for the past week ? Specially the NTSO...Victor 75, RK303, any news for you guys ? Anything moving forward ? It is becoming a nightmare :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Tritzo
26th Apr 2012, 13:55
no, nothing so far.
same thing here.

-interview beginning of november 2011
-positive news january (they said they sent it already in december, but i didnt see anything although i check even junkbox every day. if i hadnt called them i wouldnt know and they wouldnt have sent it again)
-waiting game since then

SilveR5
26th Apr 2012, 17:14
Many chaps have been accepted as NTSO,s since last September and October but they didn't join yet! So relax and be more patient guys! NTSO,s are at the bottom of the bottom of the priority list... You know that already, don't you?:ouch:

Italiancadet
28th Apr 2012, 13:50
Fellow aviators,

I also attended the interview for the NTSO in January.
Everything was perfectly arranged and since that day I am even more eager to join this company.
We were told to receive the results within 4 to 6 weeks, however, I did not hear back from Qatar Airways so far.
It has been almost 4 months now, and the amount of patience that one needs to have is huge.
After having done a bit of research I found out that all communication regarding interview results / contracts towards NTSO’s came to a complete,
sudden stop around half of February (except the communication towards unsuccessful candidates from what I’ve heard)
I realize we are not a priority, and that our training will be more expensive and will also take longer than that of FTSO’s / FO’s.
Clearly, training facilities are running at full capacity and the intake of NTSO’s will therefore be very slow.
Having said this I do understand why NTSO’s don’t get their contract and date of joining, patience is really needed here.
What I really don’t understand is why some of us still didn’t get their interview results after 5 months of waiting (I recall some NTSO’s waiting from December without any news, feedback, not anything!).
If no news in the first 2 weeks is good news, than why not send us a simple email stating that we passed and that now we have to wait for an unspecified amount of time, but that their
intention is to hire us when there will be training slots available.
The fact that this is not happening is nerve-racking and makes me feel left in the dark.

The only logical explanation that still gives me good hope of receiving a positive answer is that they don’t want to give us the yes / no yet because than they will have a sort of obligation
to send us a contract and date of joining within a reasonable time frame (which is simply not possible due to training capacity not being available) .

I really hope everyone will receive their answer soon.
It’s an amazing chance and a very good company, I really think it’s the best available for fresh graduates.

Goodluck to all of you!

P.S.: When I did my interview we were with 12 fresh graduates. NTSO interviews are still taking place, a friend of mine (FTSO) was in a mixed group with FTSO’s, FO’s and also one NTSO very recently.

upwhereIbelong
29th Apr 2012, 14:07
Just to finish what I started here :

well aft 4 Months I finally received my Good News Email.
Applied as Non rated FO.
am very happy and wish you all good nerves and a strong will ,thats what U need I guess.
The feeling beeing selected is awesome and worth all the pain and pints ...cheers
UP

Cat3BNoDH
29th Apr 2012, 18:05
it's interesting how now you passed from we to U when refering about the patience needed during all the recruitment process. I don't want to diminish your hapiness for receiving the "good news" email, of course now its time for celebrate. But believe me, now its when your patience levels have to kick in... Now its time for the big decisions like- when should i give notice to my current job, am I going alone or with the family when joining, how much money do i need to start with, when should I start looking for acommodation, etc... But you still have to wait for the offer of employment letter, which may take a while and when it comes you have about 1 week to give an answer even if you have some doubts to be cleared and you try to call or email them several times a day without sucess. Believe me that's desperate...
So what I mean is that you should celebrate all day long if you think you should but prepare yourself because the waiting can be a long one, and you'll certainly need that extra patience for the next coming months.

Congrats and good luck

upwhereIbelong
29th Apr 2012, 22:15
All discussed and thought over.
The fact is that my good news email never was sent ,so I was told 1-2 weeks for offer.
Not desperate but very eager for another huge step and happy to be considered.
Waiting was tough and doubts were erased by hope,now I'm just very satisfied and hope my expectations will come true.

I'm single so no big decision here,but I really want this job and hope from now on everything just works as smooth as selection day.

I'm happpppppyyyyyyyy,but I don't forget people here so I will try (once I'm in) to be a talk to person for "dreamers" like me

Up

Gregling
30th Apr 2012, 07:48
Hey, congrats !

For the record, you applied for FO position, so it may take some time, but I think it will take less than for the rest of us (talking for NTSO in this thread). I'm not saying it will come tomorrow, it's just a guess once again.

I got a friend, NTSO, who received the good news yesterday as well. Maybe things are moving on, maybe not. We'll see !

FL123
30th Apr 2012, 07:51
I got a friend, NTSO, who received the good news yesterday as well. Maybe things are moving on, maybe not. We'll see !

thats great.... hope things get started soon... InshAllah!

30th Apr 2012, 15:34
Hello there.

I am going for the interview for SO in a few weeks, what airplane do the SO´s go to? Is it the A320, wide body long haul or both?

FL123
30th Apr 2012, 16:04
aircraft most likely --- A320.

best of luck!

ITO
2nd May 2012, 15:34
@ upwhereIbelong (http://www.pprune.org/members/376406-upwhereibelong)

Congratulation !

Approaching 4 months, still waiting. I hope will get something soon.:ugh:

Tritzo
3rd May 2012, 07:40
@ ITO

for me its now 6 months after the interview, commencing the 7th. (5 months after good news). Actually all I want to know is wether im still in their system or not, as they also dont reply via email anymore :/

UAE FD
3rd May 2012, 07:59
Does anyone know who is the manager for QR NAV and ATM, I applied for this position months ago no good news yet. I heard they are still looking people for that position. I assume manager is the one who decides which one he wants to hire or am i wrong?

UAE FD

Tritzo
3rd May 2012, 08:09
No, your application is being accepted or rejected by the decision of the recruitment department. Most people there have the power to invite you to the interview, based on your qualification.
Within the interview/assessment, which consists of three stages (skill test, interview and sim check) you have to pass every stage to get to the next one. After the Sim check, you will get an email "within 4-6 weeks" where stated wether a pass or fail of the assessment.

As far as I am informed :
Thereafter it is up to the Fleet Department and their ability/availability of training capacities and priorities to train you. NTSO are bottom list priority. So as soon as there will be enough supervision captains and free simulator capacities etc available, they will plan for the next batch of people who have passed the assessment. Unfortunately/Fortunately it is not all about a good handshake and who you know. Of course, things like that will always help you along your way. But if you are no local (in that case qatari), even as UAE citizen, you will undergo the same procedures as any other foreigner.

UAE FD
3rd May 2012, 08:27
I think that is the procedure for Pilots not for Navigation and ATM officer which is a ground based position. But thanks for the insight.

UAE FD

Tritzo
3rd May 2012, 08:37
As far as I am concerned for the dispatchers, you will get a phone interview and your pass/fail call within 4 weeks. They are currently hiring.

UAE FD
3rd May 2012, 09:11
Do you know anyone inside to make my application process on fast track :). Pls private msg me.Whenever i call HR in Doha they say you will be contacted. Is Paul prenzel or mathew hall responsible for this position? Again thanks for the insight.

UAE FD

Tritzo
3rd May 2012, 09:30
sorry, im affraid i cant give you any number.
if i were you and lived close to doha, id just drop by and check personally. combine it with visiting a friend, so youre flexible with times in case they are not available and you wouldnt have anything else to do.

simmatch
4th May 2012, 02:05
Does anyone know of anyone who did their screening on third week of March or later have received Goodnews/Badnews? It's insane! Why take such a long time for a simple yes or no??

casablanca
4th May 2012, 06:03
Both myself and a friend interviewed after March..(April to be exact) and we just heard positive news. There does seem to be a priority system on what they are doing quickest....his said he should have a contract within 2 weeks for FO position and mine said 6 weeks for a contract as Captain. Im sure depending on aircraft, experience and position there is a huge disparity depending on oerational requirements. If you havent had bad news I would expect the good news to be coming though.....

powerup
4th May 2012, 12:03
Congrats on the offer!!! Did they offer you the 320 or the wide body?? When in April did you attend the recruitment exercise? I came in on the 14th April and just checking as I havent heard a thing from them.....:ok:

casablanca
4th May 2012, 12:55
I interviewed April 07th.... Many of us heard something this week.
Both of us had applied as wide body.
My letter so far has only said congratulations on being selected as captain... And that a formal offer and fleet allocation would be coming in next 6 weeks.
Cheers!

speedhold
4th May 2012, 16:39
Hey guys its been 6 weeks and still no fleet assinment and no email of contract ......@ 21 lancer and word on your end .. I know one guy who has already recieved his contract and fleet assignment he interviewed with me and also did the sim at the same time. My pass email came within 2 weeks after interviewing in doha on the 29 of Feb .......
Any word from anyone

ironbutt57
4th May 2012, 17:00
Part of the process with any company here in the Gulf, is a security-background check to your home country, the time to obtain this varies depending on where you have lived..so some may hear before others...:ok:

speedhold
4th May 2012, 17:06
@ ironbutts
Is it a background Check since birth or last 10 years . I've been in US for 10 years and prior to that England .I would have thought UK and US wouldnt take that long ....

iQatar
4th May 2012, 17:23
@ Speedhold
Just out of interest. Do you have a FAA or UK issued JAA licence?

Cat3BNoDH
4th May 2012, 17:36
in fact all the 3 of us that interviewed on the 29th of February already received the the formal employment offer for DEC and one even received fleet allocation. We are now standing by for joinning date. I think you've interviewed on the 28th.:confused:
Nevertheless our time table was 3 weeks for the congratulations email and then 4 weeks more for the employment offer.

Nice landings

speedhold
4th May 2012, 18:15
@iqatar
FAA Atp licence

simmatch
6th May 2012, 10:28
@casablanca,

Thank you and Congratulations. All the Best.
I am running on the 7th week after the interview. Applied FO with a lot of Heavy TP time. Think the sim/interview went fine! Still waiting.....:oh:

Global01
6th May 2012, 22:01
more than 2 month after the interview and still NO answer.. As far as i know, No News means good news but when....this is the pb .....

Any news from SO's ? Jan or Feb interviews ............

Shooting_Star
7th May 2012, 06:38
Global01, SO interviews. Some have heared news from interviews done in February and January, they got news last month and in February. Some other didn't... Over 3 months now, still no news :sad:

Global01
7th May 2012, 09:18
Thanks man, I have tried to call them but they've never picked up the phone, any good number please pm me if so....

TeeRock
7th May 2012, 21:34
Has anyone gotten a call for an FO interview who was a little short in jet hours for the FO minimums?

I meet the Fast Track SO requirements but am short by a couple hundred jet hours for the FO position. I know it doesn't hurt to apply but was only curious. Thanks.

Global01
9th May 2012, 22:03
Still no news from Normal SO's "Feb 2012 interviews" ?

TX

Check Airman
9th May 2012, 23:21
Has anyone gotten a call for an FO interview who was a little short in jet hours for the FO minimums?

I meet the Fast Track SO requirements but am short by a couple hundred jet hours for the FO position. I know it doesn't hurt to apply but was only curious. Thanks.

I'm in a similar situation. Please keep us informed.

Global01
10th May 2012, 22:20
A "NO ANSWER" means good otherwise you would have received the refusal mail a week after..

The rest isn't logic, but don't worry you'll get your mail anytime between 1 or 6 month .... it's a matter of quota and slots ...
You're just unlucky..

Hold your horses i'm in the same situation ;)

Good luck !

G01

ITO
13th May 2012, 06:51
Hi...anything for anyone today ?
4 months since interview, nothing...
@upwhereibelong...have you heared anything from them since good news ?
The waiting game. To be continued...

upwhereIbelong
13th May 2012, 13:43
hi there ...nah nothing so far ,still wait on contract .

Friend of mine telling me its crazy right now with recruitment and so ...

ITO
13th May 2012, 18:36
Thanks for th heads up. It's diffnitly a puzzle where the pieces do not want to fall together, at lest not for the time being...

cccc
13th May 2012, 20:26
I am starting week 8 of waiting for a contract after the good news.
FTSO...

Global01
14th May 2012, 18:17
Reading previous thread, People says that there are about 250 pilots on hold due to the lack of training facilities, slots, etc..... I can understand

Can anyone tell when the problem will be solved ? It has been like this for sometime already and we haven't heard any good news

G01

ITO
14th May 2012, 18:55
250 ? I don't know, but it seems to be quit a large number, no ? In that case, we are not in for loooooooooong !:confused:

Global01
14th May 2012, 19:03
YUP 250... Well i think much more are on hold...Consider NTSO + FTSO + FTFO + FO + DEC, Nationals, etc ...........

What i think that 250 only NTSO and FTSO..... God knows !!

cccc
15th May 2012, 10:29
Hi All,
I talked yesterday to a friend of mine who started 2 months ago in Doha. And this what he said...
QR recently hired about 140 type rated guys/girls from Spanair. They took all the sim slots in Gatwick/Stockholm/Toulouse/Doha/Bahrein.
He just spent the last 2 months doing not much, except studying on his own, sort other stuff out... Apparently there is a lot of administration to be done when arriving. He for instance starts in 2 weeks time his A320 type rating in Bahrein.
Those 140 pilots were put on top of the stack already hired.
So whoever got the good news... As soon as they are finished with the training... we are next. When? I don't know. But we will get there...
As said a lot of times by now... be patience.
Cheers,
cccc

AVIATION REFUGEE
15th May 2012, 21:46
Nearly 3 months ago, I received an email, stating that I passed the assessment as captain on WB, and that I have to wait 6 to 8 weeks to receive my fleet allocation and the job offer, that I had to sign within 2 weeks.....Since then, time passed, no contact with them, still waiting....but not for long, cause something extra came on.....:ok:
I wonder, how they are operating, when they do not respect their fellow pilots..:ugh:

Cat3BNoDH
16th May 2012, 07:14
Your situation is very odd, because me and my group interviewed for DEC about 3 months ago and we all already received the email stating that we passed the selection (that took 3 weeks), the job offer and fleet allocation ( took 4 weeks for the last guy who received it ) and one has already is DOJ ( beginning of July on the 777 ).
If I were you I'll give them a call and check the spam box on my email because too much time has passed, my friend!

Good luck

postern
16th May 2012, 11:29
Aviation Refugee....

I am in the same position but I have a contract signed returned and acknowledged but the start date I am starting to believe will never arrive.

It has taken ages this whole process, some people seem to much more fortunate in waiting far less time.

CAT3B

Those timelines are a lot shorter than the ones I know about from colleagues with a couple of exceptions. All the 3 weeks for good news 6 weeks for contract, 2-3 weeks for start date can be multiplied by 2 from my experience so far..

Cat3BNoDH
16th May 2012, 12:23
Sorry to hear that!!
Maybe we`ve been lucky, and we're the exception.
Or thats maybe some of us are TR and will have a shorter CCQ, and other were available to start any given day...

Good luck to you all

postern
16th May 2012, 17:12
it is definitely got nothing to do with being available immediately. I and numerous others have been available since November.

Always the case when one is unemployed, easier to get a job when you are in one despite having thousands of hours.

We are all waiting apart from a couple of lucky ones, all interviewed Jan and Feb.

Good job I have a sense of humour because my patience ran out in April!!

FL123
20th May 2012, 03:14
Hope to get something this week... IA!!!

simmatch
20th May 2012, 09:19
Dear all,

Just got the good news after two months of waiting. F/O Non Type Rated. Happy so far. Now standard wait for the Appointment Letter.
Just Wanted to share. All the best to those still waiting. Keep Posting!

Cheers.:ok:

Global01
21st May 2012, 10:37
It seems that things are getting better for some champs recently... Feels great reading theirs posts..

Its coming guys, Soooooooooooooooooooooooooon ! I can feel it !!!

Goooooooooood Luck!

cccc
21st May 2012, 16:13
I hope you are right Global...
Because I am entering week 9 after the pass e-mail, and still no offer...
I can't wait to start!!!
Cheers,
cccc

ITO
21st May 2012, 16:40
Approaching 5 months after interview, nothing...
Managed to get HR today, they transferred me to the FD crew HR but no one to answer the phone, as I expected !

It's really getting long, but I keep hoping :O

speedhold
21st May 2012, 20:00
Hi guys after 7 weeks from my pass email got the contract email this morning
Applied in Nov
Interviewed Feb
Pass email March
Contract May.
Applied for first officer position non type rated

Global01
21st May 2012, 20:13
Guys i have some good news for you !! From this week until further notice QR with be calling people that were on hold for months ... just had this info today from a good source.

Good luck to me and to every one.

ITO
21st May 2012, 21:03
I wish man I wish !!!

FL123
21st May 2012, 21:11
Hope they do start calling then.... too much of waiting....:(:(:(:(

upwhereIbelong
21st May 2012, 21:49
also got my "Offer of Employment" today..

Happy Bunny

FO Non type,A320

Cheers

UP

Simba1978
25th May 2012, 08:23
Hello guys, is there anybody in here who got the interview the last April 24th?

Since that time I have got no news.

Reading this forum, I've seen few guys (maybe more than a few) have been waiting more than 2 or 3 months for the good news.
For me at the moment it's "only" 1 month and 1 day.

Wish you all the best.
Happy Landings

upwhereIbelong
26th May 2012, 13:33
Again im amazed,im saying this:
"No News,even when its killing you, are good news!"

Up

crazy_max
26th May 2012, 14:36
Type Rated on a couple in the fleet, DEC, interview 6 weeks ago, and still no news at all.

Gregling
30th May 2012, 07:30
I was just told (by a contact in the HR department) that TRTOs for the training of NTSOs are really overbooked. That they had to slow down the recruitment process (what we can see on their website - delating the FTSO job proposal). Nothing new but I just wanted to share...

ITO
30th May 2012, 07:41
Thanks greg. Managed to get flight deck HR yesterday. It was an answer without an answer. REF my previous post on joining QR thread.

mamamia
31st May 2012, 06:37
Qatar taking dec from gulf air a320 and emprear to b777

FL123
31st May 2012, 06:44
Here we go again..... :*

mamamia
31st May 2012, 06:55
ITS TRUE PROMISSED B777 THEN B787

speedhold
31st May 2012, 17:04
Hi guys anyone receive an email today from HR regarding the below......
We are re-evaluating our training footprint for Flight Deck Crew and we would appreciate if you could assist us with the following information:
- Are you currently employed?
- If yes, have you resigned from your current employer?
- What is your notice period with your current employer?

cc

Zakary
31st May 2012, 17:14
I did receive it.

THRidle
31st May 2012, 17:17
As did a few hundred more I assume ( me included )

Tibor090
31st May 2012, 21:53
Me too.....

cccc
1st Jun 2012, 06:20
Hi guys,
The guys who received the mail with additional questions...
When did you receive the mail?
After applying online? After the selection? After the positive mail? ...
Cheers,
cccc

Tibor090
1st Jun 2012, 14:38
After getting the contract and waiting for an official start date.

OXOGEKAS340
3rd Jun 2012, 08:18
Still waiting the offer and allocation, after the "ok" email received 3 months ago...Trying to get through with them many times, but seems that email boxes are full or closed.....Getting tired with them...Anyone in the same situation ?
Applied as captain WB..last october, assessment took place february, ok letter received 2 weeks later, and this is all, till now.

Tritzo
3rd Jun 2012, 12:55
passed the selection in the beginning of november '11. waiting for contract/fleet allocation since january. NTSO.

EK4457
3rd Jun 2012, 20:24
Hi chaps,

I know it's currently suspended, but what were the requirements needed to apply for the NTSO position?

Thanks,

EK

RoyHudd
3rd Jun 2012, 22:09
Poor employer. Caveat emptor

spearomic
3rd Jun 2012, 22:29
They hired already almost enough pilots for this year, and they stopped SO and FTSO for now. I'm guessing those waiting will be waiting even more now. The best is not to focus on QR at the moment, they will start hiring massively again soon, but for now it will only hurt you more to wait everyday for news regarding your application or contract fleet etc... If you received a pass email it means you are in the loop, but it doesn't mean you should quit your job as this process will be long. Some guys once hired waited 8 months to start sims in Doha, 777 guys.

OXOGEKAS340
5th Jun 2012, 15:20
What about captains? Anyone has any info???;)

bahabel
3rd Jul 2012, 16:00
I hope till now you got good news from QR, Do you have any Exam questions for their Test? it will be helpful for me, next week i have an interview.
Meny appreciate for that.

hitacan
3rd Jul 2012, 23:11
Spearomic, how do you know that?:confused:

spearomic
3rd Jul 2012, 23:23
I have friends working at the recruitment office, and I have close friends SO and FTSO on standby now as well. But they will open the valve again for sure. There are thousands of applications. Personally I applied in QR during 5 years before getting an invite for interview. So patience, it will come.

flying apple
4th Jul 2012, 08:15
4,5 months after the interview i finally got the pass mail today
actually a pass/talent pool mail
applied for NTSO

21-Lancer
4th Jul 2012, 12:09
Congratulations! Well done Flying Apple!

hitacan
4th Jul 2012, 12:33
FTSO

Application January 5th
Interview invitation May 20th
Interview June 29th
Good news & talent pool letter July 4th

:ok:

Shaggy330
14th Jul 2012, 16:12
G'day Gents (and Ladies),
I'm looking for some encouragement. I received the "Good News" letter nearly nine weeks ago. Since then, I know that at least one reference check was completed and positive (I assume the other was also) as I received a congratulatory email from the previous boss.

The Good News email indicated that it would take "…no more than 6 weeks…" for fleet allocation, etc. It's been nearly 9 weeks. This was for a DEC Command position. I interviewed in April.

So, are things moving normally, or should I be moving onwards to something else?

casablanca
1st Aug 2012, 16:54
I am glad they are still interviewing, but it is a little confusing: they act like they are desperate to hire then put everyone in pool for a very long time!

Saam-85
1st Aug 2012, 17:39
Hello all!

First of all, congrats to whoever got either positive answer or the job offer!

I did my interview late June for cadet SO (low hours, approx 200) and up until now, haven't heard anything back (hoping for the positive reply though) and it's been almost 6 weeks from the date of interview :)

Just out of curiosity, do we have anyone here, did his interview as a cadet SO after June and also got their answer as well?

a quick post will be appreciated!
cheers

Saam-85
4th Aug 2012, 01:52
PilotofDoha

thanks for the great effort on replying, but i think there can be more applicants out there, done with the interview as well who also got something to say... i just wanna make sure if other than you, anyone fresh SO got their answers.

jeanpaul172
5th Aug 2012, 19:14
PilotofDoha, do YOU read?

Saam asked for feedback from the June SO interviews, yours was in July.

Besides that, did you apply for FTSO or NTSO?

Comm
6th Aug 2012, 09:44
Assessment for non rated SO end of April 2012- no news yet......did telephone a couple of weeks back- " i will have to wait".

Co pilot turbo-prop 3500 hrs.

Waiting waiting waiting......

Andrexxx
6th Aug 2012, 12:20
Hi guys,
anybody would be so kind to PM me a telephone number to call, of QR recruitment staff in order to get some info about my status?
Applied on Jan, Interview on May, Good news on June FO type rated, than the pool....
Many thanks ;) and good luck everybody !

upwhereIbelong
6th Aug 2012, 12:22
youre IN THE POOL !!!!

cyrilferrandini007
15th Aug 2012, 20:33
Hi !

Anyone invited for an assessment on September 26 ?
I Have got an invitation few weeks ago .
It is for Second officer fast track ....

FL123
16th Sep 2012, 22:10
You may have to wait till December for contract as per the current situation!!!!

FL123
17th Sep 2012, 12:49
hy, who told you regards December ?

I am saying it on looking at the current situation for SOs.

R u sure about that ? and what is the situation that you are talking about ?

Yes I am because training of SOs is on hold at the moment. Its starting to get back. But still will take time to clear the lot.

Sarah_F
19th Sep 2012, 08:13
I have read all posts.. I have some questions:
what are the NT second officer and FT second officer? what is the difference between them and requirements in QR?

Sarah_F
19th Sep 2012, 08:26
I have read all posts. Let me know the difference between NTSO and FTSO in QR. what are the requirements of them?

sudani555
1st Nov 2012, 08:15
Am invited to Interview on 24th of SEP....
Till now !! No news .

kilay
6th Nov 2012, 12:55
from the time you submited your medical reports how long it takes them to confirm you pass it? And is it them whos giving the joining date or you can tell them like a week afteer you got the result?

Flyingmachine01
14th Nov 2012, 09:02
sudani555....

I was interviewed the week before you and also still waiting.
But just heard one of the guys on my interview day got the successful email yesterday and told he will be updated again in Feb 2013..

So your not the only one.. let's keep flying and hopefully we hear real soon.

Happy Landings.....:)

Simba1978
4th Mar 2013, 12:23
Hello guys,
Despite the problems occured about the 787 and its grounding for few months that for sure will delay all the plans of Qatar Airways, does anybody know anything about the hiring process of First Officer FT and Second Officer FT?
(I mean for all the pilots whom got already the good news and passed already the selection in the past few months).
I personally am receiving every (more or less) 3 months an update by email regarding the situation but honestly is nothing written clearly and it would be nice having further and more accurate info.
Just to make a review and to compare our info I will post my situation:

February2012 ==> got the invitation for the selection for S/O FT in Doha
24April2012==> made the selection in Doha
June2012==> Good news via email about the positive result of selection

Then every 2 or 3 months some updates regarding delays and delays and delays.

Wish you all the best and good luck & hope to hear from some of you soon.

King on a Wing
5th Mar 2013, 06:19
I am copying my post from another forum for some more visibility.

"Hey y'all.
Just a thought here. Any answers would be welcome. Are QR still in the process of recruiting DEC 330/777 skippers.
Wonder if the 787 isues have had any effect on the screening/recruitment drive.
Any thoughts welcome.
Cheers.

Thanks in advance!"

Simba1978
6th Mar 2013, 09:00
Dear King on a wing,
Sure it had a strong impact.
The delay of the 787 influences directly the recruiting process due to the fact many routes QR wanted to start will have a delay , all the pilots that had to transit from Airbus class to the 777 or 787 will remain on the 320 and 321 for the time being.
So, for sure, something will move with the beginning of summer season if (hopefully) Boeing will be sufficently clever to convince NTSB and FAA about the corrective strategy about the well known problem of the lithium battery mounted in the 787.
I'm not the right person to give an estimation when the problem will be solved, but I'm sure, Boeing invested so much money in this project that they will find quickly a solution. I bet, at the beginning a temporary solution and for the future most probably a new design of the Lithium batteries with more ceramic gap among the cells and different containers
By the way, I hope to see u all in Doha one day.

migair54
10th Mar 2013, 18:07
The impact is obvious on the network, some flights downgraded, like LHR, SIN, KUL, HKG, ORD and they can´t start new destinations already announced, Chengdu (CTU), all because the B787 issue, by this they time I think almost 10 should be in the fleet, so that´s a lot of pilots.

And all the schedule flight for the B787 until May are cancelled in almost all the airlines, so the soonest the machine will resume flying will be in May, by then the 5 planes will fly again and i´m not sure but maybe 3 or 4 more will be ready for delivery...

Lebza
14th Apr 2017, 05:30
Got the pass email today interviewed .3 weeks ago for the fo position cheers
I have an interview for customer service agent but currently I'm outside South Africa, anynone with HR contacts so I can schedule skype
Interview ? Please I'm stressed can't miss this opportunity