PDA

View Full Version : Language Proficiency

flapassym
6th Mar 2012, 12:38
My company records department asked me to obtain a certificate of language proficiency from the CAA so when ramp checked they could see I could speak the lingo!

As a British native I couldn't see this being a problem so I duly asked the CAA to provide me with said certificate, which arrived this morning.

Dated the 5th march 2012 it informs me that I have been assessed as English Language level 4 granted on the 5th March 2008 and expiring 4th March 2012 THE DAY BEFORE IT WAS POSTED!!!:ugh::ugh::ugh:
Can anyone, anyone at all, tell me what possible use an expired piece of paper is to me upon being ramp checked???

Grum
6th Mar 2012, 13:48
Ouch. What a way to find out. I was lucky and called for a similar reason and was shocked to find out that I was level 4 and that I had 6 months to go. I reckon a lot of people have been flying for the last couple of days blissfully unaware that technically they shouldn't be. Everyone automatically gets level 4 and then it is expected you get level 6 when you jump in the sim for your next OPC etc (not so simple)

Anyway, my saga is in the following thread, but check out the last post for the very quick solution to your problems. You can do the assessment on-line :D and get your level 6.

http://www.pprune.org/flying-instructors-examiners/463625-how-include-language-proficiency-check-sim-training.html

Good luck