PDA

View Full Version : LAPL Medical

Skylark58
5th Mar 2012, 18:21
I have read the EASA PART-MED document as published and I can't find any reference in the LAPL medical requirements, to an equivalent to the current DVLA Class 1 and 2 for carriage of passengers or not. There just seems to be a single LAPL medical. Are there further guidelines for GPs yet to be published, to make that differentiation? I currently fly on NPPL with GP declaration and cannot carry passengers.

BEagle
5th Mar 2012, 19:30
A valid NPPL (SSEA) will remain acceptable for flying EASA and non-EASA aircraft until 7 Apr 2015; there is NO urgent need to convert to LAPL(A). The current Medical Declaration will also remain acceptable for the NPPL (SSEA).

A number of medical issues remain to be resolved for the LAPL Medical Certificate; CAA Medical continue to work hard to achieve an acceptable solution.

Unlike the rest of €uroland, the CAA has evidential proof that the NPPL Medical Declaration has an entirely acceptable safety record.

Keep Calm And Carry On!

Skylark58
5th Mar 2012, 19:45
Very calm here...Just wondered if, as I read it, I could get an LAPL medical and start carrying passengers again!

peterh337
5th Mar 2012, 20:07
Is the LAPL medical now firm?

The other day I came across some hugely emotive arguments from some medical people (one was an AME working for Lufthansa, doubly predictably) claiming that an LAPL holder could crash into a 747, etc. because his medical was insufficient. That paper was from 2009 however.