PDA

View Full Version : a/d in France

Jan Olieslagers
5th Mar 2012, 16:20
Planning a trip to Vichy LFLJ next May, in a Rotax-powered microlight. First stop would be Sedan-Douzy. Now I am looking for a field halfway, more or less, with a restaurant AND mogas available. I tried www.navigeo.fr, though it has all the info it does not have a filter or search function - or I missed it.
Auxerre seems to have the kind of resto I prefer, but no Mogas. Troyes no Mogas either, and the restaurant looks expensive. Any suggestions?
In a fix, we'll either have to bring our own lunch or fill up with Avgas for this once, but I'd prefer to avoid both.
Paray le Monial has been recommended to me but is too close to destination to be really useful.

patowalker
5th Mar 2012, 16:56
Have you tried BASULM en quelques mots ... (http://basulm.ffplum.com/) ?

Jan Olieslagers
5th Mar 2012, 17:08
Yes, I just created my account there. The most exciting I found yet is aqua^h^h^h^hydro^h^h^h^h^h seaplane flying at the Lac du Der...
Search function remains to be discovered, I even never saw fuel availability indicated there - but then the place is new to me.

patowalker
5th Mar 2012, 17:49
I would be more concerned about having a good lunch, than about putting avgas in a 912. After all, it is only if you use avgas more than 30% of the engine time that the oil and filter change is reduced to 50 hours. That means avgas 15% of the time requires an oil change at 75 hours and so on. No big deal, really.

If you still don't like using avgas, there is Total UL91 at Sezanne and a restaurant a Pont sur Yonne. You could stop at both. :)

Jan Olieslagers
5th Mar 2012, 18:16
Actually I wouldn't really need to refuel en route at all. The total trip is some 4 hours flying, at an estimated 15 lit/hr this would take 75% of my 80 litre capacity.
But it would be nice to NOT need to take off filled to the brim, and a stop about half an hour after lunch might serve more purposes than refuelling...
So thank you for two excellent tips, Sir!
As things stand now, the routing is EBZH-LFSJ-LFFZ-LFGO-LFLV, just under 4 hours theoretically, at 150 km/h =~ 80 kts

gasax
6th Mar 2012, 16:32
I've used nav3000 for this sort of query Nav 3000 - euroVFR : tools for pilots, 3500 airfields. (http://nav3000.free.fr/). Might help you.

Jan Olieslagers
6th Mar 2012, 16:44
A good reminder! I contributed somewhat to that site, but lost faith in it several years ago. Today I rechecked, but it still doesn't mention the UL91 at Sezanne LFFZ so I am not sure it is the better source of info. Then of course, no such site can ever be expected to be really complete and really up to date.

XLC
6th Mar 2012, 22:06
Although a bit further than halfway consider also LFHS (Bourg-En-Bresse Ceyzériat) . There used to be an excellent little restaurant there, Le Petit Prince. Check with them if they accept a microlight.

Shorrick Mk2
7th Mar 2012, 07:22
There are plenty microlights based in Bourg so I suspect it won't be a problem. Can't comment on fuel though.

wsmempson
7th Mar 2012, 08:09
Try this

French Airfields Map (http://www.arthurandarthur.co.uk/AA/index.php/french-airfields-map.html)

It works rather like the UKGA airfields map.