PDA

View Full Version : CAA UK B1.1 Engineering License

grease_junky
5th Mar 2012, 08:55
Hello gents,

I have completed an approved part 147 EASA approved programme and been working for an 145 EASA approved airline for the last 2 years in Australia.I am planning to apply for my UK CAA license and cant really figure out how they would assess my log book and grant me a license.I dont have their requirement list for log book because it says wide range of ATA chapters as a requirement to grant a license.I have my normal company provided log book which i have filled which am not sure if UK CAA would accept it.I dont know exactly where i stand in this.Could someone who have just recently applied and been granted a CAA UK license help me out with some info please?Your help will be very much appreciated.Thank you

Regards,
Workaholic Grease Junky

BluFin
5th Mar 2012, 11:38
Your most helpful document the ELDG this is not available on the website as it it currently under revision to reflect the regulation changes (See http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2011:298:0001:0124:EN:PDF)

As long as it is in a logical readable format they should accept it as long as it has be validated correctly (See ELGD, which you cant access).

The CAA promote the use of a logbook and they produce one for use CAP 741 (see http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP741.PDF) for the example

They will look at a valid section of tasks are included, if your struggling I have the old copy of the ELDG which I could email you

Sorry ELGD =THE ENGINEER’S LICENSING GUIDANCE DOCUMENT

EDIT
Still web access on the Old ELGD http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/ELGDBook_07_WebVersion.pdf

note the waiver here if and when you look at it ELGD | Personnel Licensing | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=177&pagetype=68&gid=777)

Rigga
5th Mar 2012, 20:00
Best advice is to call them - direct.

Their number is on the Engineer Licensing page of the CAA website

BluFin
5th Mar 2012, 21:01
If you call get the Name and make sure you speak to that person for your application thereafter.

Not that the goalposts move, depending on who you speak too :ugh:

Rigga
5th Mar 2012, 21:18
Extract from ELGD 2007 (withdrawn for amendment):

D4.5 ‘Non EU Applicants’
Aircraft maintenance engineers with experience
working on operational civil aircraft outside of the EU
member states, may claim that experience towards the
grant of a Part-66 licence, providing that the experience
is deemed acceptable by the CAA.

...call 'em.

BluFin
5th Mar 2012, 21:27
D4.6 Experience Required
All applicants must meet the full experience
requirements. Experience claimed towards a Part-66
licence must meet the standards of Part-145 and must
be correctly authenticated in a manner acceptable to
the CAA.

Get a name too, Fred can have a different view or opinion to Bill

grease_junky
8th Mar 2012, 22:06
Blu Fin and Rigga,

Thanks for the information gents.I really appreciate.Well I am just going through all the information you guys have posted and will get back to you guys if any need more help.But really appreciate this help of you two gents.

grease_junky
8th Mar 2012, 22:16
Blu Fin,

Thanks for your help mate.I would appreciate if you could send me a copy of the old copy that you mentioned.My email is [email protected]. Thank you once again

grease_junky
9th Mar 2012, 01:23
Gents,

Who signs off the basic section which has list of tasks for Cat A1 and B1,B2 in the log book copy?Does it have to be a part 147 Assessor?

BluFin
9th Mar 2012, 07:49
No, It could be a Validator (Pt 145) depending what working environment your in.
If you were on a Pt 147 Basic Approved Course then it would be that company Assessor

Rigga
9th Mar 2012, 20:25
Or it could be signed by:
- the QA Dept of the Pt 145 organisation that you worked for
- an authorised Type Licenced Engineer for the type you worked on

all dependant on the company policy/process.

grease_junky
10th Mar 2012, 04:02
Oh ok gents.Will give it a shot with QA Dept.Who normally are the PT145 validator?Btw,is it ok if the training school instructor who is an approved assessor by EASA sign it off since its on a basic section?How do i date those basic section because most of those stuff was done in the training school 2 and half years ago