PDA

View Full Version : Jeppeson Text PDF

blah blah blah
29th Feb 2012, 23:24
Hi all,

I have access to the Jeppeson site but am getting very frustrated with using it!

I only seem to be able to view one page at a time, I can't scroll through pages, basically its not very user friendly.

Does anyone know if I can access a PDF version of the Text? I would like to be able to scroll through pages, search in an easier fashion, view more than just the one page that comes up at a time.

If anyone can help out I would appreciate it.

Cheers,

Blah

mutt
1st Mar 2012, 03:27
You can scroll on the IPAD Jeppesen APP, it downloads the complete text manuals and opens them in Ibooks.

I totally agree with you that opening the online pages one at a time is a PITA.

Mutt

blah blah blah
1st Mar 2012, 07:00
Cheers for that Mutt, but I think now Im more frustrated as I don't have an iPad!

If I were to get one though can I use my generic airline login that is shared by all the pilots?

lurkio
1st Mar 2012, 08:14
If you have access to Jepp through your airline go to the text book, select the section you want ie Meteorology, highlight the first page then (holding down the shift key) the last page (this should have highlighted all the pages). Now use the file print command in the Jepp browser and when it has downloaded the file save it instead of printing. You now have a pdf version of that section.

Naturally the normal cautions about updating the info etc and not to use without checking validity apply but if all you want is a copy to read on a laptop at home or in a hotel room it should be fine.

blah blah blah
1st Mar 2012, 20:20
Cheers Lurkio, that is exactly what I was after!

Just need a copy for revision at home/hotel so its easy enough to download a new copy every month or two.

Thanks again!